News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - To what extent will you be rooting for Saquon this year?

Started by DaveBrown74, May 20, 2024, 07:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43, Gmo11 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

To what extent will you be rooting for Saquon this year?

MightyGiants

Quote from: PSUBeirut on Today at 07:12:43 PMI think there's also a good number of folks in the fanbase that are still stung by Barkley essentially being right all along about his worth on the market and pretty much everyone else being wrong.  Even the bitcoin thing he took so much slack for looks to have bounced back in a huge way (if he even stuck with it...who knows). 

And Rich- I have an awful feeling that the hype train is not going to be the only thing to worry about when Barkley comes to town.  My gut having watched him for many years is that he's going to want to ring it up against us because of all the silly fan vitriol that's been spewed his way (and I think the Eagles staff, being the a-holes they are, will absolutely work to accommodate this happening).  So, that's definitely my bigger worry when he comes back to town. 

As for me- no surprises here, I'm hoping he finally gets a creative OC and a solid OL to run behind- and, even if diminished by injury, gets back to that upper echelon of RB that he's worked so hard to be.  Just not against us.

I don't think anyone was right or wrong about the RB market.  Part of the free agent value is tied to the positional strength of the draft, especially for a position like RB.  Last year there was a bumper crop of high end RBs to draft.  This year, not so much.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on Today at 08:11:47 PMI don't think anyone was right or wrong about the RB market.  Part of the free agent value is tied to the positional strength of the draft, especially for a position like RB.  Last year there was a bumper crop of high end RBs to draft.  This year, not so much.
He got overpaid. He's been bottom 3rd analytics wise the past 2 years. The Eagles overpaid for name recognition and what they think he can possibly do with their oline. Because it wasn't for what he's put on the field the past 2 years. His EPA, VOA, and every other offensive metric is ridiculously bad.

PSUBeirut

Quote from: Jclayton92 on Today at 09:07:53 PMHe got overpaid. He's been bottom 3rd analytics wise the past 2 years. The Eagles overpaid for name recognition and what they think he can possibly do with their oline. Because it wasn't for what he's put on the field the past 2 years. His EPA, VOA, and every other offensive metric is ridiculously bad.

The market is what the market is.  The Eagles weren't the only team making a serious offer that was significantly above what I imagine you and many others thought a team would be willing to pay for a guy with such ridiculously bad metrics.  We'll see how it plays out, I guess, but it would not surprise me in the least to see Barkley have a good to great year and perhaps a spring in his step once he sees some daylight in front of him.