News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT--Some very very sad news

Started by LennG, November 17, 2020, 05:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I just got an email from Tom Reed's wife saying he passed away the other day.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/hartfordcourant/obituary.aspx?n=thomas-m-reed&pid=197101696&fhid=4089

Tom's screen name was Giantfan67 and he was one of our all-time longest posters. I had the wonderful privilege of knowing Tom for so many years. I spoke to him last month and knew he wasn't doing well, but this comes as a complete shock.

Many of us, who attended our get together knew and met Tom.

My dearest condolences to his wife and family.

Tom, God speed.  and RIP
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Oh wow  :( :( :(

Sincere prayers and condolences to his loved ones. Go easy, Tom.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

todge

So sorry to hear this. Tom lived very close to me. We had lunch many times over the years.

Rest In Peace my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MP21WAYS2PAY

Sorry to his family, and to you all here that knew Tom personally.  Rest well, Tom.

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

Very sad news.  Tom was a good man.  May he rest in peace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimv

Oh, Lenny!  Tom was a GREAT guy.  I particularly remember him from out get together up in CT.  My prayers go for him and to his family.  RIP, Tom!

Sem

Pretty sure I met Tom at camp in Albany. Very nice man. May he rest in peace.

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on November 17, 2020, 06:00:26 PM
Whatever works best Ed.

I know Tom didn't travel much the past few years, but I still remember when we used to meet in Fishkill to watch a game, in that Packers Bar, and Tom would make that trip, with someone, or on his own. (I think he used to come down with Spider, if memory serves). Win or lose, those WERE the good times for all.
I wonder if Spider (John Flagg) knows of Tom
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

jimv

Lenny, did you let Dan the Man know?

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: jimv on November 17, 2020, 07:52:36 PM
I did!

Dan already knew.  Tom

LennG

Quote from: jimv on November 17, 2020, 07:52:36 PM

The email was addressed to myself and Dan.

Charlie Weiss

Jaime

My condolences to his family & loved ones.

Go easy Bro, you will be missed...

Painter

I never met Tom, I only wish I had. It is because of guys like him who are so well thought of and liked by so many folks here who I admire and respect that I feel a sense of loss. May your fond memories soften the grief.