News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

ALL DANIEL JONES POSTS AND DISCUSSIONS HERE

Started by Ed Vette, December 14, 2022, 03:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZGiantFan

Daniel Jones needs to be able to throw over 300 yards and lead a 4th qtr drive with his passing.

Daniel Jones throws over 300 yards and leads a 4th qtr drive with his passing.

Not good enough.

Good game for DJ, but I like it better when he throws for 170 yards and the Giants win.

And I've made it no secret that I consider the first 2 wins of the season as flukes.  Well in my book, losing to a 61 yard walk-off cancels out one of the early flukes.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on December 24, 2022, 04:48:31 PMDaniel Jones needs to be able to throw over 300 yards and lead a 4th qtr drive with his passing.

Daniel Jones throws over 300 yards and leads a 4th qtr drive with his passing.

Not good enough.

It's funny how that works
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

todge

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 24, 2022, 04:50:31 PMIt's funny how that works
Well ... when you don't like a certain player - no matter what he does is perceived in a negative light. There are several guys here who will always focus on the negative. You just have to accept their obvious bias.

After Jones is signed to an extension, the negativity will continue. Jones had a great game today - yet the naysayers will point to the  one pick (as if other QBs don't throw picks) . They will also point out every missed pass (as if other QBs don't throw errant passes).

It is what it is and it's never going to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True Blue

Quote from: todge on December 24, 2022, 05:02:07 PMWell ... when you don't like a certain player - no matter what he does is perceived in a negative light. There are several guys here who will always focus on the negative. You just have to accept their obvious bias.

After Jones is signed to an extension, the negativity will continue. Jones had a great game today - yet the naysayers will point to the  one pick (as if other QBs don't throw picks) . They will also point out every missed pass (as if other QBs don't throw errant passes).

He had one of his better games today. That last drive he didn't do a whole lot but he played an ok game overall. Slaytons YAC and Barkley were the biggest factors on the scoring drive. I'll credit DJ for the 2pt though be bought enough time with his legs on that one, and ultimately made the throw. A little high but the result was all that mattered

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 24, 2022, 04:44:11 PMI don't recall seeing that and I am almost certain the announcers didn't mention it (if it was that clear you would think they would have mentioned it.

Im not going to argue with you they were all discussed in the game thread, breida one play, Jame's another, and then on his run he had another guy open. It was talked about at nauseum In the game thread by others, and I wasn't even part of the conversation.

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 24, 2022, 04:50:31 PMIt's funny how that works
What are you talking about rich? See thats the problem with you, I gave Jones credit while still admitting he made mistakes but in your eyes he's perfect.. nothing can be said wrong about him. When someone tries to give him credit you take it to the extreme. Guess that's neutral in 2022.

Jclayton92

Quote from: todge on December 24, 2022, 05:02:07 PMWell ... when you don't like a certain player - no matter what he does is perceived in a negative light. There are several guys here who will always focus on the negative. You just have to accept their obvious bias.

Lol coming from a guy that tells fairy tales.

AP44

I'd love to hear how that 2 point conversion was high? Lol

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 24, 2022, 05:39:32 PMIm not going to argue with you they were all discussed in the game thread, breida one play, Jame's another, and then on his run he had another guy open. It was talked about at nauseum In the game thread by others, and I wasn't even part of the conversation.

I don't read the game threads anymore. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

True Blue

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 24, 2022, 05:55:48 PMI don't read the game threads anymore. 

Then maybe don't jump to conclusions on what is said or not said. Several of us gave the guy some credit. Even if we have critiques on some parts of the game we still acknowledged his play today was pretty good. If that ruffles any feathers then it's just nitpicking or ignorance.

AP44

brownelvis54

Honestly, at this stage of the season, I do believe that Daniel Jones deserves, and at least a two year extension
The KING is in the building

MightyGiants

Quote from: AP44 on December 24, 2022, 06:06:51 PMGame thread was an abomination.

It's been that way for some time; it's why I stopped reading them
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kingm56

I'm actually getting some amusement from this thread; the posters who lectured us that it's not important to be right, have rushed here to tell us they're right.  It happens every time DJ has a good game, which he enjoyed today.  Still, a little perspective is always good.  Yes, DJ WR are bottom 10 and yes DJ enjoyed the game against the NFLs #31st ranked passing def, both are relevant.  In total, I think his 58 QBR and 93 RTG accurately reflect his effort today.