News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

UDFA tracker

Started by Jclayton92, April 27, 2024, 06:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

30. CASEY ROGERS | Oregon 6043 | 294 lbs. | 6SR Syracuse, N.Y. (Westhill) 12/18/1998 (age 25.35) #98
YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF PD INT NOTES
2017: Avon Old Farms (Conn.) School Played football and lacrosse
2018: Redshirted Nebraska; Enrolled in May 2018
2019: (4/0) 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0 Nebraska
2020: (8/1) 22 3.0 1.0 0 2 0 Nebraska; Pandemic-shortened season
2021: (7/0) 17 3.0 0.5 0 0 0 Nebraska; Missed first five games (knee)
2022: (13/12) 34 3.5 0.0 0 2 0 Oregon; Graduated with degree from Nebraska (May 2022)
2023: (14/2) 22 2.5 1.5 1 0 0 Oregon; Converted a fake punt vs. Colorado
Total: (46/15) 95 12.0 3.0 1 4 0
HT WT HAND ARM WING 40-YD 20-YD 10-YD VJ BJ SS 3C BP
COMBINE N/A (not invited)
PRO DAY 6043 294 9 32 78 1/2 4.84 2.84 1.75 35 9'8" 4.51 7.45 25
SUMMARY: Iorry "Casey" Rogers grew up playing football and lacrosse — his father (Lelan) was the lacrosse defensive coordinator at Syracuse (2008-21). After
initially committing to Syracuse for lacrosse, he switched his focus back to football (as a defensive end and tight end). After a prep year out of high school, he
committed to Nebraska and was due for a breakout season in 2021, but a preseason knee injury derailed those plans. He earned his degree, then transferred to
Oregon (over USC and Auburn). Rogers displays above-average athleticism to play in gaps or work up/down the line chasing the run. He showed flashes as a pass
rusher (see 2023 Cal tape) but not consistency. The main concern is his ability to stay stout and leverage blocks to be a force in the run game. Overall, Rogers is light
on his feet (his lacrosse background shows) with disruptive potential, but he might have a tough time holding his ground versus NFL blockers.
GRADE: Priority Free Agent
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

I find Casey Rogers quite intriguing. He has some game to him and rates very high in his RAS score. That score shows he needs to add about 10 lbs of muscle I guess. Put horns on each side of a helmet and a fat sword in his hands, and he'd look like a feared Viking warrior. I will be watching this guy closely to see if he can make the team and be of use to us. His athletic scores are comparable to Braden Fiske's (although Rogers wasn't invited to the combine) and would have been second fastest of all DTs. He also plays on special teams, and I've included a clip of him on a trick play where he turned a 4th and punt into a 1st down (he's no. 98)

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Giants sign WR with 'ridiculous catch radius'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/giants-sign-wr-with-ridiculous-catch-radius/ar-AA1nOMSU?ocid=msedgntphdr&cvid=cd546537c84e48ab9d2705cf9b0b63ab&ei=75

"Jiles has arms like vines and showed off his ridiculous catch radius on more than one occasion during his college career," NFL Media's Lance Zierlein writes of Jiles. "Despite playing against smaller foes, he has a lighter win rate on contested catches than he should, as he fails to bully and wall off opponents at the catch point."
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

spiderblue43

Casey Rogers looks menacing. How did the Vikings pass on him?  :confused:

Looks the part of a Norseman. Going to root for him

Rosehill Jimmy

Reads like the scouting report on Ford-Wheaton.  Every year every team invites guys like this 
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

spiderblue43

Every year there seems to be a wr guy to project surprisingly..Ramses Barden anyone? Odessa Turner?

Victor Cruz was different and rare.

madbadger

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 28, 2024, 11:38:20 AMI find Casey Rogers quite intriguing. He has some game to him and rates very high in his RAS score. That score shows he needs to add about 10 lbs of muscle I guess. Put horns on each side of a helmet and a fat sword in his hands, and he'd look like a feared Viking warrior. I will be watching this guy closely to see if he can make the team and be of use to us. His athletic scores are comparable to Braden Fiske's (although Rogers wasn't invited to the combine) and would have been second fastest of all DTs. He also plays on special teams, and I've included a clip of him on a trick play where he turned a 4th and punt into a 1st down (he's no. 98)

His father was a long time assistant coach at Syracuse. He spent a lot of time with my son and me during my son's recruiting visit. Nice guy.

bamagiantfan

I tend to look at the UDFAs as guys to fill in spots during camp. As injuries start occurring, these guys have a chance to show something. I always wonder what would have become of Victor Cruz is so many WRs did not get hurt who were in front of him on the Depth Chart.

What I am looking for more than anything is a guy who the other players seem to trust. It is less about finding the next Cruz and more about finding the next Spencer Paysinger who can be Special Teams captain and fill in as a starter in a pinch. Casey Rodgers is perhaps one injury away from making the roster with only 3 DTs in front of him. I thought the Giants might try to draft a Guard so there is an opportunity for Kubas and in particular OL Marcellus Johnson who has done much of his work on Special Teams at both Guard and Tackle and whose father played professionally. The rest of the guys have an uphill battle.     
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Trench

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 29, 2024, 11:26:50 AMIf only we had kept Julian love he could have been the backup kicker.

He was a huge loss to the defense and to the leadership

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on April 29, 2024, 11:42:30 AMHe was a huge loss to the defense and to the leadership

I think Love was more of a leader than McKinney.  We always hear about McKinney's leadership, yet I have never witnessed any direct indication that McKinney was a true leader.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 29, 2024, 11:47:37 AMI think Love was more of a leader than McKinney.  We always hear about McKinney's leadership, yet I have never witnessed any direct indication that McKinney was a true leader.

If it was Love who broke his hand during a bye week you could just reverse their names in what you wrote. Love would have become the persona non grata no one wanted to re-sign, and not McKinney. Giants fans turn on their own so quickly.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs