News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: jimv on July 18, 2020, 07:55:28 PM

Lenny, I didn't know your Psycho answer was for my question about the two movies that were re-done scene-by-scene.  I never saw the "Psycho" re-make so it wasn't one of those movies.  I'll give hints on the two I meant:  One had the original in 1926 & the re-make in 1939;  The other was 1936/1952.  The 1926 movie has been lost to dust; I'd have loved to have seen it.

I posted a new quote today & still have some old ones up there.

Glad you didn't see the 'other' version of Psycho, but it WAS an EXACT copy of the original and fits your answer to a tee. Watch the first few minutes of it and you will see. As for the others, I have no idea.

Where you able to get any of the other 4th of July movies I posted. Some are pretty easy.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

philo43

Quote from: jimv on July 18, 2020, 02:29:35 PM
Last night I dreamt a deadly dream...
Beyond the Isle of Skye...
I saw a dead man win a fight...
And I think that man was I.

I gave others the option to answer. since no one did - The Man who Never Was

jimv

Quote from: LennG on July 19, 2020, 12:59:49 PM
Glad you didn't see the 'other' version of Psycho, but it WAS an EXACT copy of the original and fits your answer to a tee. Watch the first few minutes of it and you will see. As for the others, I have no idea.

Where you able to get any of the other 4th of July movies I posted. Some are pretty easy.

I'm sorry, but I'm still having trouble with the other two.  But, my two exact re-makes are:

Beau Geste - '26 & '39.

Prisoner of Zenda - '36 & '52.  This one is interesting in that they reversed the positions of every character in every scene.  But, in the '52 version, they used the exact music score of the '36 version.

LennG

Quote from: jimv on July 19, 2020, 05:06:22 PM

I'm sorry, but I'm still having trouble with the other two.  But, my two exact re-makes are:

Beau Geste - '26 & '39.

Prisoner of Zenda - '36 & '52.  This one is interesting in that they reversed the positions of every character in every scene.  But, in the '52 version, they used the exact music score of the '36 version.

How can Beau Geste be an exact duplicate when one was silent and one was spoken? There was no dialogue in the Silent version and I know Gary Cooper spoke in the 39 version.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Same movie:

"A noble subject.  Would his King be as noble."

"God, receive the dead; the most noble knight of all!"

jimv

Quote from: LennG on July 19, 2020, 06:45:39 PM
How can Beau Geste be an exact duplicate when one was silent and one was spoken? There was no dialogue in the Silent version and I know Gary Cooper spoke in the 39 version.

Don't forget that the lines were written on the screen.  The script may haven't been exactly the same, but the scene structure was exact.  Sadly, ther '26 version has been lost to dust.  I would have loved to see it. ~X(

philo43

Quote from: jimv on July 23, 2020, 04:48:40 PM
Same movie:

"A noble subject.  Would his King be as noble."

"God, receive the dead; the most noble knight of all!"

Not sure, but will take a guess - Excalibur?

jimv

Quote from: philo43 on July 23, 2020, 05:00:04 PM
Not sure, but will take a guess - Excalibur?

Nice try, philo!  But, no!

LennG

A couple more

"You see, I understand you men were just playin' around, but the mule, he just doesn't get it. Course, if you were to all apologize...:      1960s

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got a man in Poughkeepsie who wants to talk to you. Have you ever been in Poughkeepsie? Huh? Have you ever been in Poughkeepsie?
Hey, man, come on, give me a break, man. I don't know what you're talkin' about!
Hey, come on, come on. Say it. Let me hear you say it. Come on. Have you ever been to Poughkeepsie? You've been in Poughkeepsie, haven't you? I want to hear it! Come on!
Yes. Yes. Yes. I've been there.   1970s

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, Marcus. What are you trying to do, scare me? You sound like my mother. We've known each other for a long time. I don't believe in magic, a lot of superstitious hocus pocus. I'm going after a find of incredible historical significance, you're talking about the boogie man. Besides, you know what a cautious fellow I am."  1980s

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on July 25, 2020, 02:05:31 PM
A couple more

"You see, I understand you men were just playin' around, but the mule, he just doesn't get it. Course, if you were to all apologize...:      1960s

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got a man in Poughkeepsie who wants to talk to you. Have you ever been in Poughkeepsie? Huh? Have you ever been in Poughkeepsie?
Hey, man, come on, give me a break, man. I don't know what you're talkin' about!
Hey, come on, come on. Say it. Let me hear you say it. Come on. Have you ever been to Poughkeepsie? You've been in Poughkeepsie, haven't you? I want to hear it! Come on!
Yes. Yes. Yes. I've been there.   1970s

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, Marcus. What are you trying to do, scare me? You sound like my mother. We've known each other for a long time. I don't believe in magic, a lot of superstitious hocus pocus. I'm going after a find of incredible historical significance, you're talking about the boogie man. Besides, you know what a cautious fellow I am."  1980s

????????????

????????????

???????????

jimv

"I guess they just don't like the liquor we drink up here, eh General?  Ha-ha-ha-ha."  40s

LennG

Quote from: jimv on July 25, 2020, 04:26:54 PM
"I guess they just don't like the liquor we drink up here, eh General?  Ha-ha-ha-ha."  40s

???????

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Here's another from the 40s

"Meet you at sundown, Harvard!"

jimv

Quote from: jimv on July 25, 2020, 04:26:54 PM

OOPS!!!!! Redfaced

LennG

Quote from: jimv on July 25, 2020, 08:18:52 PM
Here's another from the 40s

"Meet you at sundown, Harvard!"

Still ??????????????

Charlie Weiss