News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

Quote from: LennG on August 15, 2020, 12:44:47 PM
Since we have others looking in, let me throw a few very easy ones out there

"Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?"  Easy??????

Woman-- Are you sure you have the right person?
Man-- I'm sure.
woman-- Oh, come on. Do I look like the mother of the future? I mean am I tough, organized? I can't even balance my checkbook! Look Reese, I didn't ask for this honor and I don't WANT IT, ANY OF IT!
Man-- Your son gave me a message to give to you. He made me memorize it.
Man-- Thank you, Sarah, for your courage through the dark years. I can't help you with what you must soon face, except to say that the future is not set. You must be stronger than you imagine you can be. You must survive, or I will never exist.  The Terminator

------------------------------------------------------------

A bit tougher

""Whoever saves one life, saves the world entire."  ?????

-----------------------------

And last a REAL softball

"I do wish we could chat longer, but... I'm having an old friend for dinner. Bye."  Silence of the Lambs

I like this better:  "I won't come after you, Clarise.  The world is a more interesting place with you in it."

jimv

"Captain, I just threw your God damned potted plant overboard!  And, what's this crud about no movie tonight?"

jimv

C'mon, guys, here's another one:

"Forget the Fat Lady.  You're obsessed with the Fat Lady."

philo43

Quote from: jimv on August 15, 2020, 04:04:05 PM
"Captain, I just threw your God damned potted plant overboard!  And, what's this crud about no movie tonight?"

Mr Roberts

philo43

Quote from: jimv on August 17, 2020, 02:57:35 PM
C'mon, guys, here's another one:

"Forget the Fat Lady.  You're obsessed with the Fat Lady."

Independance Day

LennG

Since we have others looking in, let me throw a few very easy ones out there

"Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?"

Gladiator

Man-- I'm sure.
woman-- Oh, come on. Do I look like the mother of the future? I mean am I tough, organized? I can't even balance my checkbook! Look Reese, I didn't ask for this honor and I don't WANT IT, ANY OF IT!
Man-- Thank you, Sarah, for your courage through the dark years. I can't help you with what you must soon face, except to say that the future is not set. You must be stronger than you imagine you can be. You must survive, or I will never exist.

------------------------------------------------------------

A bit tougher

""Whoever saves one life, saves the world entire."

Schindler's List

-----------------------------

And last a REAL softball

"I do wish we could chat longer, but... I'm having an old friend for dinner. Bye."

You got the other two.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

H-Town G-Fan

Man-- I'm sure.
Man-- Thank you, Sarah, for your courage through the dark years. I can't help you with what you must soon face, except to say that the future is not set. You must be stronger than you imagine you can be. You must survive, or I will never exist.

Kyle Reese, a man out of time, and Sarah Connor having an exchange.

jimv

Quote from: jimv on August 13, 2020, 07:17:42 PM
OK, this is definitely NOT a softball.  It came to my mind because of a response I gave to jimmyz on another thread:

"If you're not sure, then you're an agnostic."

C'mon, I'm still waiting

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 17, 2020, 06:35:56 PM

C'mon, I'm still waiting

Ha, you're going to be waiting for a long time. I even tried to see if google knew it and then didn't.  :what: :what: :what: :what: :what: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on August 17, 2020, 08:58:20 PM
Ha, you're going to be waiting for a long time. I even tried to see if google knew it and then didn't.  :what: :what: :what: :what: :what: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:

OK:

"The Exorcism of Emily Rose."

jimv

Here's another one:

"Will I dream?"

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 17, 2020, 10:12:39 PM

OK:

"The Exorcism of Emily Rose."

I have seen this movie, maybe 20 years ago, so how would I even know a line from that? As I said, even Google didn't know that one.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on August 18, 2020, 04:25:08 PM
Haven't the foggiest.

C'mon, Lenny, I know you have to know it.  It's NOT a softball but it's a key quote in the movie.  It's a sequel to another movie with close to the same name.

Anyone else?

LennG

Let me try a few more, all from movies from the 1980s and all well known movies. I'll try to make the quote so you should know the movie ASAP

"Redrum. Redrum. REDRUM!"

-----------------------------------------------------------

"YOU WERE A TOMATO. A tomato doesn't have logic. A tomato can't move."

-----------------------------------------------------

"You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way! And that's how you get Capone. Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that? I'm offering you a deal. Do you want this deal?

Ness: I have sworn to capture this man with all legal powers at my disposal and I will do so."

================================================

Man #1---Mr. Mystery Guest? Are you still there?
Man #2---Yeah, I'm still here. Unless you wanna open the front door for me.
Man #1--- Uh, no, I'm afraid not. But, you have me at a loss. You know my name but who are you? Just another American who saw too many movies as a child? Another orphan of a bankrupt culture who thinks he's John Wayne? Rambo? Marshal Dillon?
Man #2--- Was always kinda partial to Roy Rogers actually. I really like those sequined shirts.
Man #1--- Do you really think you have a chance against us, Mr. Cowboy?

Charlie Weiss