News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 18, 2020, 06:34:32 PM

C'mon, Lenny, I know you have to know it.  It's NOT a softball but it's a key quote in the movie.  It's a sequel to another movie with close to the same name.

Anyone else?

Godfather II  ???????????
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

And Another

"Madness! Madness!"

Hint

Last line of the movie
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

NOT "Godfather II"

Last line:  "Bridge on the River Kwai."

jimv

Quote from: jimv on August 18, 2020, 12:23:22 AM
Here's another one:

"Will I dream?"

BIG Hint:

Answer to SAL 9000:  "Yes.  All intelligent beings dream."

Answer to HAL 9000:  "I don't know."

LennG

Quote from: LennG on August 18, 2020, 06:36:17 PM
Let me try a few more, all from movies from the 1980s and all well known movies. I'll try to make the quote so you should know the movie ASAP

"Redrum. Redrum. REDRUM!"

-----------------------------------------------------------

"YOU WERE A TOMATO. A tomato doesn't have logic. A tomato can't move."

-----------------------------------------------------

"You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way! And that's how you get Capone. Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that? I'm offering you a deal. Do you want this deal?

Ness: I have sworn to capture this man with all legal powers at my disposal and I will do so."

================================================

Man #1---Mr. Mystery Guest? Are you still there?
Man #2---Yeah, I'm still here. Unless you wanna open the front door for me.
Man #1--- Uh, no, I'm afraid not. But, you have me at a loss. You know my name but who are you? Just another American who saw too many movies as a child? Another orphan of a bankrupt culture who thinks he's John Wayne? Rambo? Marshal Dillon?
Man #2--- Was always kinda partial to Roy Rogers actually. I really like those sequined shirts.
Man #1--- Do you really think you have a chance against us, Mr. Cowboy?

Anone going to try these fairly easy ones. (a couple are real softballs with an arc pitch at that)

Charlie Weiss

philo43

#3 - Untouchables

#4 - Die Hard

jimv

1.  Still thinking...

2.  "Tootsie."

How the ones I put out there?  I almost named the pix!

LennG

You guys are right on.

The first one

Hint--
Think Steven King

Charlie Weiss

LennG

A few more, all from the 2000's

I wouldn't say these are real softballs, except for one, but the lines all give the movie away if you read closely.

"I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Maybe I understand, some, about having to fight. So you just remember who you are... you're the Bulldog of Bergen, and the Pride of New Jersey, you're everybody's hope, and the kids' hero, and you are the champion of my heart,"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man---What brings you to Okinawa?
Woman--- I'm here to see a man.
Man--- Oh yeah? You have a friend living in Okinawa?
Woman--Not quite.
Man-- Not a friend?
Woman-- I've never met him.
Man-- Never? Who is he, may I ask?
Woman-- Hattori Hanzo.
Man--[Serious, switches to Japanese] What do you want with Hattori Hanzo?
Woman-- [Japanese] I need Japanese steel.
Man-- [Japanese] Why do you need Japanese steel?
Woman-- [Japanese] I have vermin to kill.
Man--- [English] You must have big rats if you need Hattori Hanzo's steel.
Woman-- [English] ... Huge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A real big time softball

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm forty-seven. Forty-seven years old. You know how I stayed alive this long? All these years? Fear. The spectacle of fearsome acts. Somebody steals from me, I cut off his hands. He offends me, I cut out his tongue. He rises against me, I cut off his head, stick it on a pike, raise it high up so all on the streets can see. That's what preserves the order of things. Fear."

Charlie Weiss

T200

Quote from: LennG on August 20, 2020, 08:31:18 PM
A few more, all from the 2000's

I wouldn't say these are real softballs, except for one, but the lines all give the movie away if you read closely.

"I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Maybe I understand, some, about having to fight. So you just remember who you are... you're the Bulldog of Bergen, and the Pride of New Jersey, you're everybody's hope, and the kids' hero, and you are the champion of my heart,"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man---What brings you to Okinawa?
Woman--- I'm here to see a man.
Man--- Oh yeah? You have a friend living in Okinawa?
Woman--Not quite.
Man-- Not a friend?
Woman-- I've never met him.
Man-- Never? Who is he, may I ask?
Woman-- Hattori Hanzo.
Man--[Serious, switches to Japanese] What do you want with Hattori Hanzo?
Woman-- [Japanese] I need Japanese steel.
Man-- [Japanese] Why do you need Japanese steel?
Woman-- [Japanese] I have vermin to kill.
Man--- [English] You must have big rats if you need Hattori Hanzo's steel.
Woman-- [English] ... Huge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A real big time softball

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm forty-seven. Forty-seven years old. You know how I stayed alive this long? All these years? Fear. The spectacle of fearsome acts. Somebody steals from me, I cut off his hands. He offends me, I cut out his tongue. He rises against me, I cut off his head, stick it on a pike, raise it high up so all on the streets can see. That's what preserves the order of things. Fear."
1 - Finding Nemo
2 - ???
3 - Kill Bill Vol 1
4 - Taken
5 - Gangs of New York
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

jimv

It seems that Tim answered most of them.  THANKS, Tim, because I've seen NONE!

However, # 2 is "Cinderella Man.." my favorite boxing movie.  It's "Rocky" for real life. :greetings: :greetings: :greetings:

I'm still waiting for some answers to my "Will I dream?"

T200

Quote from: LennG on August 19, 2020, 03:54:54 PM
You guys are right on.

The first one

Hint--
Think Steven King

"Heeeeere's Johnny!"
"Wendy... I'm home."

jimv

"Heeeere's Johnny!":   I can't remember the name but it's the King story about the ghost hotel in Colorado.  I liked the book but didn't like the film.

Wendy quote:  ???????????

T200

Quote from: jimv on August 21, 2020, 10:49:01 AM
"Heeeere's Johnny!":   I can't remember the name but it's the King story about the ghost hotel in Colorado.  I liked the book but didn't like the film.

Wendy quote:  ???????????
The Shining

Same scene after he busted through the door.

LennG

Quote from: T200 on August 20, 2020, 09:27:40 PM
1 - Finding Nemo
2 - ???
3 - Kill Bill Vol 1
4 - Taken
5 - Gangs of New York

Great job Tim. I thought the one from Gangs of New York might stump a few, but, on reading it, it sort of gives it away. You can just picture Daniel Day Lewis saying that. He could have/should have won another Academy Award for that role also. Bill 'The Butcher' (forgot his last name)

Kill bill was a give a away also as well as Taken, one of the GREAT lines in movie history.

Again, well done.

And Jim, I knew you would get the other one. Also, good job.

Charlie Weiss