News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philo43

Quote from: LennG on October 31, 2020, 12:20:16 PM
You are quite correct my friend, Ghostbusters it is.

I can assure you, you have seen the other two, but since time is running out

#2--Smokey and the Bandit
#3- I really thought this was a real softball --Bettlejuice.

Smokey and the Bandit - yes, Bettlejuice - no

jimv

"My son's my son til he gets him a wife.  My daughter's my daughter for the rest of my life."

LennG

Quote from: jimv on October 31, 2020, 03:07:43 PM

The first two are correct (I knew you would get Dracula). The last one isn't. Think a much more popular movie.

I know a few you might not have seen, but again, they are all from very popular movies and I tried for the clue to give a big hint for the title.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on October 31, 2020, 07:59:13 PM

The first two are correct (I knew you would get Dracula). The last one isn't. Think a much more popular movie.

I know a few you might not have seen, but again, they are all from very popular movies and I tried for the clue to give a big hint for the title.

Sorry, Lenn, that doesn't ring a bell.

jimv

"When Cortez reached the New World, he burned his ships.  The result was his men were highly motivated."

philo43

Quote from: jimv on November 01, 2020, 12:07:16 AM
"When Cortez reached the New World, he burned his ships.  The result was his men were highly motivated."

A tribute quote to Sean Connery - The Hunt for Red October

LennG

I can't believe no one gets 8,9 or 10.   They are such huge softballs. You guys aren't trying.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Lenn, they're probably movies I haven't seen.

philo43

LennG

Have you never seen Rosemary's Baby, The Exorcist, or Night of the Living Dead? ALL classic movies and The Exorcist is concerned the greatest scary movie of all time.

Whether or not you may like these movies, they are all classics and any true movie fan should be willing to expand their likes to view true classic movies, just to know what is going on.

Charlie Weiss

philo43

Quote from: LennG on November 01, 2020, 06:12:01 PM
Have you never seen Rosemary's Baby, The Exorcist, or Night of the Living Dead? ALL classic movies and The Exorcist is concerned the greatest scary movie of all time.

Whether or not you may like these movies, they are all classics and any true movie fan should be willing to expand their likes to view true classic movies, just to know what is going on.

Never have seen nor desired to see any of them.  Just because it is a "classic" makes no difference to me - not interested.

jimv

Quote from: LennG on November 01, 2020, 06:12:01 PM

Lenny, I've quoted "Classics" you haven't been able to answer, so I don't expect you to have seen them all.  In the case of these movies, I have "The Exorcist" but haven't watched it in a long time.  I saw "Rosemary's Baby" once & didn't think it was that good.  I never saw "Night of the Living Dead."

But, I'll quote the opening line of a real classic again (hint: Hitchcock's first American movie):

"Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again."

jimv

"There'll be a hot time in the old town tonight, eh Ben?"
"I wouldn't be surprised."

LennG

Quote from: jimv on November 01, 2020, 09:47:38 PM

Lenny, I've quoted "Classics" you haven't been able to answer, so I don't expect you to have seen them all.  In the case of these movies, I have "The Exorcist" but haven't watched it in a long time.  I saw "Rosemary's Baby" once & didn't think it was that good.  I never saw "Night of the Living Dead."

But, I'll quote the opening line of a real classic again (hint: Hitchcock's first American movie):

"Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again."

And why is that any more of a 'real' classic than any of the movies I mentioned?

Many of Hitchcock's movies are coincided classics but there are thousands of other movies, in many genres that are also classic. Myself, I try to invest in all movies, especially if I see a 4 or a 5 star rating. Many 5 star movies I turn off in the middle because I didn't like it but I would never say I wouldn't try one by thinking I MIGHT not like it. I have thought this many times and go into a movie with a negative mind and come away stunned by how much I did like it. My point being, I am always willing to try any movie, just to try and experience it.

Like I literally hate foreign movies with subtitles, I hate Shakespearean movies, but I have seen most of what are referred to as 'classics'. It is all part of a movie experience.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on November 02, 2020, 11:32:30 AM
And why is that any more of a 'real' classic than any of the movies I mentioned?

Many of Hitchcock's movies are coincided classics but there are thousands of other movies, in many genres that are also classic. Myself, I try to invest in all movies, especially if I see a 4 or a 5 star rating. Many 5 star movies I turn off in the middle because I didn't like it but I would never say I wouldn't try one by thinking I MIGHT not like it. I have thought this many times and go into a movie with a negative mind and come away stunned by how much I did like it. My point being, I am always willing to try any movie, just to try and experience it.

Like I literally hate foreign movies with subtitles, I hate Shakespearean movies, but I have seen most of what are referred to as 'classics'. It is all part of a movie experience.

Lenny, there are a few movies that are considered Classics by just about everybody; e.g., "Citizen Kane."  Then there are other "Classic" movies that are considered so by pockets of movie goers; those who like that particular type of film.  You & I are the type of movie buff who have our own "Classics."  We don't always agree on them; e.g., i would never consider some of the pix you named as "Classic."  And, you would never consider a silent movie as "Classic" while I would; e.g., I'd consider "Wings" as a Classic like many others.

I have no problems with sub-titles.  As a matter of fact, I need them because of my hearing problems.  I've gotten used to them so much that I just bought a copy of "High Noon" that has sub-titles to replace the one I had without them.

BTW, is there anybody out there who would like a copy of "High Noon?"  Just let me know & Ill send you my non subn-titled copy.