News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: jimv on September 28, 2021, 08:16:56 PM

"Apollo 13."

Right genre, wrong movie.

I think we all know the quote, but it was said in a recent movie.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: jimv on September 28, 2021, 04:06:31 PM
"The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle..."

I know it was Danny Kaye, just having a senior morning and can't recall the movie. I will eventually. I know it.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on September 29, 2021, 12:18:52 PM
Right genre, wrong movie.

I think we all know the quote, but it was said in a recent movie.

Then it must be "First Man."

jimv

Quote from: LennG on September 29, 2021, 12:20:03 PM
I know it was Danny Kaye, just having a senior morning and can't recall the movie. I will eventually. I know it.

It wasn't Danny Kaye who said it but it was "The Court Jester."

LennG

That's it, the Court Jester, but it WAS Danny Kaye. I remember them telling him which mug to drink from and he was reciting this over and over, trying not to forget.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Quote from: LennG on September 29, 2021, 04:40:04 PM
That's it, the Court Jester, but it WAS Danny Kaye. I remember them telling him which mug to drink from and he was reciting this over and over, trying not to forget.
The Court Jester....this is such an under rated movie in my opinion. I Love this movie and so few people have ever even heard of it.
"The Flagon with the Dragon has the Brew that is True!"
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

ozzie

And don't forget "The Chalice from the Palace"!!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

jimv

It's interesting that I just got the brand new blu-ray version of the "Court Jester.  There's a story behind this.  A n umber of year ago I bought a book, "Fifty Great Adventure Films."  I decided that I wanted to own ALL 50.  And, in one form or another, I have for a number of years now.  At this point, I'm trying to  change as many as possible to blu-ray.  Well believe it or not, "Court Jester" is one of them!

jimv

"Dear Frances,

We just blew a bridge and took a farmhouse.  It was easy."

GIANTS1

a beachball.  " Smile you sonofab'tch"

LennG

Charlie Weiss

jimv