News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Sports Illustrated on the 1963 Championship Game

Started by Giant Obsession, September 08, 2021, 01:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giant Obsession

Tex Maule, one of the best sportswriters ever, reports on the 1963 NFL Championship (there was no Super Bowl until after the '66 season).
A bittersweet read and ending, nonetheless a part of our history.

Imagine a game of such magnitude where 2 TD drives that totaled 13 yards were the only points you give up and yet could not be overcome by one of the most powerful offenses in the league.

https://vault.si.com/vault/1964/01/06/the-bears-upend-the-giants
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

jimv

I'm sorry.  But I DO NOT want to get in a discussion about that game.  It's one I want to forget but I can't because it still sticks in my craw. ~X( ~X( ~X(

Bill Brown

Richie Petibon intercepts Y.A. in the end zone with a few seconds left in the game.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Giant Obsession

Quote from: jimv on September 08, 2021, 03:09:09 PM
I'm sorry.  But I DO NOT want to get in a discussion about that game.  It's one I want to forget but I can't because it still sticks in my caw. ~X( ~X( ~X(

I understand totally jimv.  I have actually had 2 dreams in my life about that game.

Sadly, I can not help but trip back to those "golden" days.

Sick, huh ???
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon