News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

On a scale of one to five (5 being best) rate the NYG's draft

Started by MightyGiants, April 27, 2024, 04:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rate the Giants draft

MightyGiants

Rate the draft. Bonus points for posting why you rated the draft as you did.

Guest may vote
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

H-Town G-Fan

I voted 4, largely driven by the first three round selections where need met value. I am especially excited about Nabers.

madbadger

I went with a very good draft. The first four picks were used to add starters. Nabers, Burns and Nubin will be instant impact players, Phillips could be one down the road. The rest of the picks were meh.

Bob In PA

I voted with the majority (so far). Solid draft. No obvious question-marks or lemons that I can see.

I do watch a lot of college ball and am very familiar with all but one of our picks (the last one).

As for those I know about... they're each people on whom IMO it's well worth taking a chance. Money well spent.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74

I went with average.

We are a way below average team that has generally had way below average drafts, so average is good for us right now. I'll need to see it to believe it for me to think this draft was better than average. I have plenty of confidence that Nabers will be a very good player, but any of us could have made that pick. The real measure will be all the other picks.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 27, 2024, 04:55:59 PMI went with average.

We are a way below average team that has generally had way below average drafts, so average is good for us right now. I'll need to see it to believe it for me to think this draft was better than average. I have plenty of confidence that Nabers will be a very good player, but any of us could have made that pick. The real measure will be all the other picks.

Spot on Dave.

GloryDays

I voted 2. Didn't go with 1 to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Not addressing the lines was a mistake imo.
If the FA pick ups were good enough to fix the O line and also strengthen the defense against the run up the middle, then this could get a better grade. I don't see it though.
We'll see soon.

Just_jimmy

Didn't get a franchise QB.  Can't win without one.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

jimc

Just a question here. What would have had to happen to make it outstanding?
- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

Jclayton92

I'm confused? Did we not address Dline and Oline the past several drafts and significantly in FA this offseason? I know people want instant gratification these days but we gotta let guys develop and actually field a team besides the oline and dline... yea we need a DT but we likely have one of the best front 7s in football on paper, so should we really have neglected the secondary for a run stuffing DT?

Why do we need a guard? We signed 4 to go with a couple we had already and so we have 6 guards... why do we need more?

No way on planet earth is an organization giving up on a top 10 tackle after 20 games... so a little unrealistic especially when we have a great RT flex we just signed, and could still sign Tyree Phillips as an additional tackle who played well once he's healthy.

I have zero, zero problem with the needs we addressed. I'd like to add a DT and #2 corner with the Waller money but we got better this weekend.

AZGiantFan

It might also depend on whether it is average for the league or average for the Giants.  The bar for the latter is lower than the bar for the former.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

jgrangers2

Went with a 4. I really like the players they got with the first five picks but they were all on the outside. Disappointed to not get a DL as it feels like we have a major lack of depth there behind Dex. Would have been interested to see if they would have taken someone like Orhorhoro, Fiske or Newton at 47 if they lasted.

LennG

I say average.
Sorry did not address our biggest need QB. Did nothing for our second biggest need solid help on the OL.

Does anyone think our OL is solid? We gave Jones a big piece but what did we do to keep him upright?

I guess our management thinks what we have is good enough.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jgrangers2

Quote from: LennG on April 27, 2024, 06:19:04 PMI say average.
Sorry did not address our biggest need QB. Did nothing for our second biggest need solid help on the OL.

Does anyone think our OL is solid? We gave Jones a big piece but what did we do to keep him upright?

I guess our management thinks what we have is good enough.

Did you want the Giants to draft a QB at 6 that they didn't fully believe in? If not, them not taking a QB was  kind of our of their hands. As for O-line, it was our heaviest investment in FA and that's without considering that we got a new OL coach. Our starting OL in week 1 will likely be Thomas, Eleumanor, JMS, Runyan, Neal barring injury.

The defensive secondary was far more of a pressing need. We probably needed DL help more than OL help so if they ignored anything, it was there.