News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Everything COVID-19

Started by MightyGiants, July 11, 2020, 07:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on July 29, 2020, 12:15:58 PM
Yeah, they're a group of doctors pushing it. And by extension, since Trump is supporting it, odds are his supporters are too. Hence my statement.

Tim,

There are drugs that have actually been proven to work like steroids and Remdesivir.   Other then some sort of desperate desire to prove Trump correct about something Covid related, I am at a loss for the continued promotion of this drug.   The drug can cause heart damage so you can't even say "what's the harm?".   I have seen other promising treatments in the pipeline as well, so I just don't understand the fixation.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 29, 2020, 12:22:12 PM
Tim,

There are drugs that have actually been proven to work like steroids and Remdesivir.   Other then some sort of desperate desire to prove Trump correct about something Covid related, I am at a loss for the continued promotion of this drug.   The drug can cause heart damage so you can't even say "what's the harm?".   I have seen other promising treatments in the pipeline as well, so I just don't understand the fixation.

Rich: The only "desperation" is the desperation of the "Great Erasers" and "Cancel Culture" who are desperate to squash even the slightest disagreement among DOCTORS about the disease.  I wonder why?   Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 29, 2020, 12:22:12 PM
Tim,

Maybe he thinks it's the most beautiful word in the history of words and he likes saying it.

Trump at bedtime:

DT: Melania, will you read me a story?
MT: Sure Donnie! Do you want to hear about hydroxychloroquine and the killer hoax virus?
DT: OH YES! That's my favorite! I love hy
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 29, 2020, 12:31:27 PM
Rich: The only "desperation" is the desperation of the "Great Erasers" and "Cancel Culture" who are desperate to squash even the slightest disagreement among DOCTORS about the disease.  I wonder why?   Bob

Bob,

I have read countless scientific, public health, and medical articles, journals, and papers.   In all that reading I have not encountered the terms "Great Erasers" and "Cancel Culture".  Can you explain to me the scientific, medical, or public health relevance of those terms?

Here is a great study published in the New England Journal of Medicine just last week.  For those who are not medically savvy QTc interval prolongation can lead to fatal ventricular arrhythmias and sudden cardiac death

QuoteIn this trial involving hospitalized patients with mild-to-moderate Covid-19, we did not find a significant difference in a 15-day ordinal clinical-status outcome among groups that received standard care, hydroxychloroquine alone, or hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin. Patients who received hydroxychloroquine, either with azithromycin or alone, had more frequent events of QTc interval prolongation and elevation of liver-enzyme levels than patients who did not receive either agent

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2019014
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 29, 2020, 12:40:14 PM
Bob,

I have read countless scientific, public health, and medical articles, journals, and papers.   In all that reading I have not encountered the terms "Great Erasers" and "Cancel Culture".  Can you explain to me the scientific, medical, or public health relevance of those terms?

Rich: Answer my question first.  I'm not going to allow you to change the subject.  WHY is there such desperation to crush the free speech of actual doctors who have had success and want to tell you about it?  Bob

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 29, 2020, 12:46:16 PM
Rich: Answer my question first.  I'm not going to allow you to change the subject.  WHY is there such desperation to crush the free speech of actual doctors who have had success and want to tell you about it?  Bob

Are you referring to Twitter suspending accounts of high profile Trump people for posting DANGEROUS FALSE information about Covid?

Well, for starters, Twitter could be liable if people died as a result of the dangerous misinformation they spread

Plus there is that whole good citizen of the world thing where you don't want your forum used to kill people.   You can rest assured if someone posted that crap on our forum I would be pushing to have that person banned for life.   While I always say facts matter, it is a matter of life and death when it comes to medicine and public health
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 29, 2020, 12:50:17 PM
Are you referring to Twitter suspending accounts of high profile Trump people for posting DANGEROUS FALSE information about Covid?

Well, for starters, Twitter could be liable if people died as a result of the dangerous misinformation they spread

Plus there is that whole good citizen of the world thing where you don't want your forum used to kill people.   You can rest assured if someone posted that crap on our forum I would be pushing to have that person banned for life.   While I always say facts matter, it is a matter of life and death when it comes to medicine and public health

Rich: The answer to your question is "no."  Try again.  WHY is there such desperation to crush the free speech of actual doctors who have had success and want to tell you about it?  Bob

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 29, 2020, 12:55:25 PM
Rich: The answer to your question is "no."  Try again.  WHY is there such desperation to crush the free speech of actual doctors who have had success and want to tell you about it?  Bob

To answer your question you have to explain what doctors and how exactly their free speech has been crushed
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 29, 2020, 12:55:25 PM

Stop talking about free speech being "crushed." Your 1st Amendment Right protects you from the government chilling your speech. Nothing of the sort is occurring here. Anyone is free to question the credentials, sanity, and medical conclusions of a person who has openly discussed her belief that the government is run by reptilians and aliens, and that infertility is caused by your spirit having intercourse with demons.

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 29, 2020, 12:57:36 PM
To answer your question you have to explain what doctors and how exactly their free speech has been crushed

Rich: Here's a hint: the doctors to whom I am referring are NOT "high profile Trump people" who have posted "dangerous" or "false" information about Covid.

The people in the scrubbed video are REAL doctors who treat REAL patients and had ACTUAL success and want to tell me about it.

But I can't hear them because the entire video is now almost impossible to find.  So I've only been able to see excerpts.  I don't trust excerpts, no matter which TV station played them.

To understand MD's you must listen to every word they say.  I suspect I can differentiate (in 2 ways) the N.E.J.M. study you cited from what they were talking about, but I can't be sure without seeing everything.

In any event, it's now the fourth time I've asked.... why the desperation to crush the free speech of actual doctors who have had success and want to tell us about it? 

Bob

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 29, 2020, 01:52:40 PM
Rich: Here's a hint: the doctors to whom I am referring are NOT "high profile Trump people" who have posted "dangerous" or "false" information about Covid.

The people in the scrubbed video are REAL doctors who treat REAL patients and had ACTUAL success and want to tell me about it.

But I can't hear them because the entire video is now almost impossible to find.  So I've only been able to see excerpts.  I don't trust excerpts, no matter which TV station played them.

To understand MD's you must listen to every word they say.  I suspect I can differentiate (in 2 ways) the N.E.J.M. study you cited from what they were talking about, but I can't be sure without seeing everything.

In any event, it's now the fourth time I've asked.... why the desperation to crush the free speech of actual doctors who have had success and want to tell us about it? 

Bob

Bob,

Sorry, but if you want to have an answer, you need to name names and give specifics.  I am not a conspiracy theory guy, so "hints" or "real doctors",  "treat real patients", and "real success" doesn't do it for me and it certainly isn't how we do business in the scientific, medical, or public health arena.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on July 29, 2020, 01:30:53 PM
Stop talking about free speech being "crushed." Your 1st Amendment Right protects you from the government chilling your speech. Nothing of the sort is occurring here. Anyone is free to question the credentials, sanity, and medical conclusions of a person who has openly discussed her belief that the government is run by reptilians and aliens, and that infertility is caused by your spirit having intercourse with demons.

H-Town: As you already know, you are correct that Twitter is a private company and free to do what they want. 

That does not address my issue, so I'll pose the question without referencing the Constitutional right to free speech.

Do you agree with Twitter erasing the video of real doctors reporting actual treatment results for so everyone can evaluate what weight (if any) to assign to their views?

Bob

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 29, 2020, 01:58:25 PM
Bob,

Sorry, but if you want to have an answer, you need to name names and give specifics.  I am not a conspiracy theory guy, so "hints" or "real doctors",  "treat real patients", and "real success" doesn't do it for me and it certainly isn't how we do business in the scientific, medical, or public health arena.

Rich: I'll remember this moment the next time you ask me a question.  Bob

T200

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 29, 2020, 01:52:40 PM

Bob
Bob,

The video should be available on their website:

www.americasfrontlinedoctors.com

But here's a question for you: we all do research on doctors that we plan to see either for checkups or procedures that we're considering having done. You come across a doctor and find this during your research:

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on July 29, 2020, 01:30:53 PM
Anyone is free to question the credentials, sanity, and medical conclusions of a person who has openly discussed her belief that the government is run by reptilians and aliens, and that infertility is caused by your spirit having intercourse with demons.

How likely are you to see that doctor for your procedure?
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 29, 2020, 02:00:56 PM
Rich: I'll remember this moment the next time you ask me a question.  Bob

Bob,

Did you make accusations without facts to support them?   If a prosecutor followed your lead, how would a judge react?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE