News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT: super immunity from COVID-19

Started by brownelvis54, December 17, 2021, 05:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Very interesting articles. Full vaccination against COVID-19 and a breakthrough infection builds 'super immunity,' study finds. ...

COVID-19 death rates across South Africa also have fallen precipitously despite the Omicron wave. If there is no massive surge in hospitalizations or deaths in the next two to three weeks, that
The KING is in the building

brownelvis54

Last one. Mods feel free to move this if you want.

Omicron variant may hasten pace for COVID-19 to become endemic,

Slugsy-Narrows

A lot of interesting info out there if you turn off main stream media and do the research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gregf

Brown. Thanks for sharing this.   I'm interested in learning and being educated.   Let's leave politics and slander off this thread please so people interested like myself can learn more.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

MightyGiants

Quote from: Slugs Narrows on December 17, 2021, 08:57:56 PM
A lot of interesting info out there if you turn off main stream media and do the research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The vast majority of people lack the scientific and medical backgrounds to
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

There were those who expressed a desire to learn what is going on.  Here is an interview with someone who is qualified as an expert and is someone whose views can and should be listened to

How effective are vaccines against omicron? An epidemiologist answers 6 questions
December 15, 2021 2.49pm EST

https://theconversation.com/how-effective-are-vaccines-against-omicron-an-epidemiologist-answers-6-questions-173554

Melissa Hawkins
Director, Undergraduate Programs, Dept. of Health Studies
Health Studies

Contact
    Send email to Melissa Hawkins
    (202) 885-6252 (Office)
    CAS - Health Studies
    McCabe - 220

Degrees
    Ph.D., Johns Hopkins University
    M.H.S., Johns Hopkins University
    B.A., Emory University

Bio
    Melissa Hawkins is the Director of Undergraduate Programs in the Department of Health Studies at American University. Dr. Hawkins is an epidemiologist with over a decade of experience in the application of public health methodologies to government and private sector challenges. Her expertise is in maternal and child health, with an interest in improving pregnancy outcomes. Currently, her research addresses the integration of Community Health Workers (CHW) in the U.S. health workforce, in both clinical and community-based teams, and examining the effectiveness of CHWs as change agents in improving health equity. She is also the research director for a 5-year intervention study, funded by the USDA, to improve health literacy and prevent obesity in elementary school students in Washington DC. Before joining American in 2015, she served as Research Director for TMNcorp, a public health communications organization, where she lead the design, conduct, and analyses for epidemiological investigations related to women, infant, and children
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

It was requested that we open up this thread and just remove the inappropriate posts and the replies. So if you don
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

Medical experts at NIH, Harvard, etc., are saying that Omicron will affect the vaccinated versus unvaccinated very differently with the former being much less likely to get it and if they get it, for it to be most likely very, very mild whereas the latter have a much higher risk of getting it and if they get it, of having much more serious effects from it.

Is the point of this message to just let it run rampant because it is milder than Delta and will lead to more herd immunity?  If that's the message, the research experts are saying it will lead to more serious cases for those who have not yet been vaccinated.

The result will be two different outcomes for different pools of the population.

MightyGiants

I can tell you a few things, based on what I am seeing, hearing, and reading.

1)  NJ is blowing up with cases.  It came on like a sudden storm over the past few days

2)  If you are not boosted you are not vaccinated.   If you want to be protected from Omicron you need a booster shot.

Be careful out there.  I had a coworker who lost a friend (a woman in her 30s who was vaccinated without medical issues to a Covid induced blood clot), so don't think that Covid isn't dangerous.  The poor woman had young kids so it was just a terrible story to hear.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AYM

Quote from: brownelvis54 on December 17, 2021, 05:33:29 PM
Very interesting articles. Full vaccination against COVID-19 and a breakthrough infection builds 'super immunity,' study finds. ...

COVID-19 death rates across South Africa also have fallen precipitously despite the Omicron wave. If there is no massive surge in hospitalizations or deaths in the next two to three weeks, that

Philosophers

Quote from: AYM on December 20, 2021, 02:08:59 PM
The hope in a world full of anti-vaxxers was that the virus would mutate into something harmless.

Well that won't be the case.  I think more herd immunity will be created, however, it will come at their expense based on what medical research institutions are saying about the virus' effect on the unvaccinated.  That's their choice.

brownelvis54

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 20, 2021, 01:03:09 PM
It was requested that we open up this thread and just remove the inappropriate posts and the replies. So if you don

Rambo89

NY has one of the highest vaccination rate in the country.  And despite having the most cases daily since the start of the pandemic hospitalizations are almost 5,000 patients less than they were in January.  That
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on December 20, 2021, 04:37:07 PM
NY has one of the highest vaccination rate in the country.  And despite having the most cases daily since the start of the pandemic hospitalizations are almost 5,000 patients less than they were in January.  That

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 20, 2021, 02:03:31 PM
I can tell you a few things, based on what I am seeing, hearing, and reading.

1)  NJ is blowing up with cases.  It came on like a sudden storm over the past few days

2)  If you are not boosted you are not vaccinated.   If you want to be protected from Omicron you need a booster shot.

Be careful out there.  I had a coworker who lost a friend (a woman in her 30s who was vaccinated without medical issues to a Covid induced blood clot), so don't think that Covid isn't dangerous.  The poor woman had young kids so it was just a terrible story to hear.
Isn