News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Adjusted Predictions

Started by kingm56, October 09, 2023, 03:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingm56

Now that we're more than a 25% through the season, what's your final win prediction.  Looking at the schedule, I suspect the following:

Loss
Bills
Commanders (away)
Cowboys
Raiders*
Packers
Saints
Eagles
Eagles
Rams

Wins
Commanders (home)
Jets
Pats

Final record: 4 - 13

How do you see it playing out?  Obviously there's still a ton of football to play and a lot can still happen. 

Ed Vette

If no improvements? The only possible win is the Jones Bowl.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Torus34

The New Jersey Giants have become the NFL's equivalent of the New York Mets in MLB. You watch an individual game to see if the team's going to surprise you with a new way to lose.

Big Blue is a Thursday's child.

Regards.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Torus34 on October 09, 2023, 07:22:45 AMThe New Jersey Giants have become the NFL's equivalent of the New York Mets in MLB. You watch an individual game to see if the team's going to surprise you with a new way to lose.

Big Blue is a Thursday's child.

Regards.

Mets won 101 games the season before last and have been in the World Series in the past 7 or 8 years. This past season was bad but they're hardly in the Giants league of ineptitude. The Giants have basically become the Jets in my opinion, although not this year obviously (Jets are light years better).

ozzie

At this point in time, I agree with the 4-13 record, but I think they lose to the Jets but win against the Saints.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

files58

I just hope they lose enough to be in position to draft their #1 or #2 choice at QB, or be able to acquire a boatload of picks for their pick. Frankly to turn this around they need all the picks 1-10, with the knowledge that 2-3 of those 10 will be busts. Football comes down to two things, blocking and tackling. The Giants currently have players who are not good at either of those skills. Other than a QB in the pocket is there some rule where defensive players can't hit a ball carrier low(knees and down)?

Philosophers

I think they'll go 3-14 with 1 win against the Commanders and 1 against the Pats.

I don't see effort.  I think the coaching staff has overused the carrot and not used enough of the stick.

Everyone has regressed.

LennG

Before I saw this thread, I was looking at the schedule and thinking what games we MIGHT win.

Myself I saw us winning

Washington at home
Jets or Oakland (one win and one loss here)
Pats

At the start of the season, I had all of them in the win column along with the Packers and the Rams. I also had a split with Dallas. My pre-season total was about 7 or maybe an 8th win somewhere. I had said we take a step back this season, but who thought about a giant leap?  :o  :o  :o

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

katkavage

I see 5-6 wins. Like MG said, meaningless late season wins.

Rambo89

It all depends upon when Barkley, JMS and Thomas return and the severity of Jones's injury.  If Thomas is out the rest of the way or only plays the last month or less of the season then I can't see them winning more than a game or two the rest of the way.  If they get all of them back then I can see them ending up with 5-6 wins.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Jersey Heel

13-4. Everything clicks next week.

Torus34

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 09, 2023, 07:31:34 AMMets won 101 games the season before last and have been in the World Series in the past 7 or 8 years. This past season was bad but they're hardly in the Giants league of ineptitude. The Giants have basically become the Jets in my opinion, although not this year obviously (Jets are light years better).

Hi, DaveBrown74!

The Mets have been around for 62 seasons. They have made it to the playoffs 10 times and won the World Series twice. They certainly have had their moments, and that's the truth. At the present time, they're at least a mid-level team, with the possibility of better seasons ahead. The Giants this year, though, are a lower level team at best. I've followed them since the days of Charlie Conorly, and rarely seen them perform this poorly, to be honest. Again,  I've hopes for the future, but certainly not this year.

That said, I'll continue to watch both teams, enjoying those moments when an end grabs a perfectly thrown pass or a line backer pulls a Sam Huff. [We lost a great one there.]

Regards, and thanks for the chat!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Torus34 on October 13, 2023, 05:45:53 PMHi, DaveBrown74!

The Mets have been around for 62 seasons. They have made it to the playoffs 10 times and won the World Series twice. They certainly have had their moments, and that's the truth. At the present time, they're at least a mid-level team, with the possibility of better seasons ahead. The Giants this year, though, are a lower level team at best. I've followed them since the days of Charlie Conorly, and rarely seen them perform this poorly, to be honest. Again,  I've hopes for the future, but certainly not this year.

That said, I'll continue to watch both teams, enjoying those moments when an end grabs a perfectly thrown pass or a line backer pulls a Sam Huff. [We lost a great one there.]

Regards, and thanks for the chat!

Torus,

Thank you for the thoughtful and clearly well-informed reply. I respect and appreciate your perspective.