News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Bills and Giants compared

Started by MightyGiants, October 12, 2023, 10:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

kartanoman

Would the Giants fare any better against Slippery 🪨 this weekend?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

uconnjack8

They seem to have an edge with their IDL bs the Bill IOL.  That's about the only one though.  Their DL doesn't look great, but from what I have observed they have good pass rushers.  That tells me with those mediocre grades that their run D may be suspect.

UncannyGfan

With the state of the offensive line, what's the expected yardage of a pass play?  Between the fumble/interception risk, a sack, an incompletion or quick throw, does it really average out that much more then run for 3 yards?  With the latest injury list, it looks like the OL starting on Sunday will be the worst we've seen so far, yikes!

This may sound defeatist but i think their best chance of success is to go with the heaviest line up they have, find the mismatch in weight of the defense and run the ball 90% of time, if not more.  It would hopefully keep the injuries down.  They may want to consider running it all 4 downs so no pressure on 3rd and 6 to pass.  Perhaps that 1 out of 10 passes catches the Bills off guard.  There isn't a point to lining up Hyatt, Slayton, Campell, etc. since the QB will constantly have pressure in his face.   I'm suggesting they go 3 TE sets and using OL (if any are available) as a TE or two.  Over 4 downs, they got to average 2.5 yards a carry to avoid turning the ball over.  Is the Bills Defensive equipped to stop the run, knowing that it's coming but against a heavy set?  Probably but then again compared to the current offensive scheme i bet it would fair better.  I'm just sick of watching the failed passing game right now and I don't want to see Taylor or Jones take the big hits anymore.  They could at least spare us that with this type of game plan.