News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Steve Smith calls out Jerry Jeudy live on the air

Started by DaveBrown74, October 12, 2023, 07:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

Inflated egos prevent good athletes from becoming great athletes.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: T200 on October 13, 2023, 07:07:52 AMInflated egos prevent good athletes from becoming great athletes.

I 100% agree, although let's face facts, Steve Smith is not exactly lacking on the ego front himself. And he was a really good player.

T200

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 13, 2023, 07:27:52 AMI 100% agree, although let's face facts, Steve Smith is not exactly lacking on the ego front himself. And he was a really good player.
I put him in the great category during the time he played. He had to be accounted for whenever he was on the field.

His ego was more akin to Jordan and Brady: "You doubt me??? OK... I'll show you."

Jeudy and guys like him have sensitive egos and think more of themselves than their production dictates. When someone like a Steve Smith says something to the contrary, they get in their feelings and can't "prove them wrong" on the field. In other words, they're just soft.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: T200 on October 13, 2023, 07:39:51 AMI put him in the great category during the time he played. He had to be accounted for whenever he was on the field.

His ego was more akin to Jordan and Brady: "You doubt me??? OK... I'll show you."

Jeudy and guys like him have sensitive egos and think more of themselves than their production dictates. When someone like a Steve Smith says something to the contrary, they get in their feelings and can't "prove them wrong" on the field. In other words, they're just soft.

Well said. I agree. There are different kinds of "ego." Smith was a proud, tough player. Jeudy does seem soft. I recall last year when there were those who wanted to give up a 2nd or even possibly 1st round pick for him. I'm glad we didn't do that.

T200

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 13, 2023, 07:44:34 AMWell said. I agree. There are different kinds of "ego." Smith was a proud, tough player. Jeudy does seem soft. I recall last year when there were those who wanted to give up a 2nd or even possibly 1st round pick for him. I'm glad we didn't do that.
I did. And glad we didn't either!

However, I wonder how much the Russ factor has to do with Jeudy's production drop.

Admittedly, I wanted Russ also. Very surprised at how he just fell off a cliff.

EDjohnst1981

I don't disagree with what Smith said but I don't think sounding off and calling someone a 'JAG' is constructive criticism.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: T200 on October 13, 2023, 07:49:50 AMI did. And glad we didn't either!

However, I wonder how much the Russ factor has to do with Jeudy's production drop.

Admittedly, I wanted Russ also. Very surprised at how he just fell off a cliff.

I agree about Russ. I did not believe he was finished as a great player following that off year in 2021 with the finger issue. I thought he would bounce back and still be good. I was wrong there.

Jeudy has been in the league long enough now whereby he should have had a good season by now if he's ever going to be good. This is his fourth season and he has yet to have a 1,000 yard season. In the modern NFL and in a 17 game schedule, that's not very good. He's obviously got talent, and he was sick at Alabama, but it's hard to see him ever being a star at this point. Combination of physical fragility and (allegedly) a less than ideal attitude seems to be slowing him down.

zephirus

Russell Wilson is an above average quarterback who's track record for success hinged way more on dominant defensive performances by the Legion of Boom and a devastating run game with Marshawn Lynch.  What you're seeing is what Russell Wilson always has been.  Talented, but unable to carry a team.

uconnjack8

Wilson is having a pretty solid year. I would be happy with 12 TD passes vs 4 INTs for Jones through 6 games.

Last night their offense struggled, but it's been Denver's defense that's been the bigger issue this year.

Denver's WRs havent been doing them any favors either.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: uconnjack8 on October 13, 2023, 11:33:13 AMWilson is having a pretty solid year. I would be happy with 12 TD passes vs 4 INTs for Jones through 6 games.

Last night their offense struggled, but it's been Denver's defense that's been the bigger issue this year.

Denver's WRs havent been doing them any favors either.

No doubt his numbers are better than Jones'. But that's true of just about every starter in the league, including Zach Wilson.