News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Jones is out vs Bills

Started by Trench, October 13, 2023, 11:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench

Hope he heals quick. Good opportunity for him to rest up.

Gmo11

There was absolutely no upside to throwing him out there to the wolves again.  Kinda feel for Tyrod Taylor for what he's stepping into but it will be nice to see if there's any difference as far as pre-snap reads and protection assignments.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Good thing it's not a home game or fans will be calling for DeVito after the first incompletion.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 13, 2023, 11:57:18 AMGood thing it's not a home game or fans will be calling for DeVito after the first incompletion.

Sadly, I don't think there will be a need for fans to call for seeing DeVito.   I am not optimistic, considering the sorry state of the injury-riddled line, that Tryod will make it through the game uninjured.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

4 Aces

Don't be surprised if this gets really ugly.

There is a ton of liability/$$$ on the line here.

DJ could walk away and basically get all his guaranteed $$$ without playing another down.

It becomes whether the doctors clear him or not - and it's DJ's private doctors vs. the Giants team doctors and trainers. And all the politics involved. There seems to be a lot of contradicting statements being made, already. Not good!

True Blue

miss86

I hope they have a backup plan to TT. In my opinion, he doesn't last the whole game.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Does this mean Devito will be activated as backup QB?

LennG

On the other hand, what if Taylor plays really well, even if we don't win?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on October 13, 2023, 12:15:16 PMDoes this mean Devito will be activated as backup QB?

That is pretty much a certainty
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 13, 2023, 12:18:23 PMThat is pretty much a certainty

Good. I am extremely interested to see this kid under pressure

Trench

Quote from: LennG on October 13, 2023, 12:15:21 PMOn the other hand, what if Taylor plays really well, even if we don't win?

If that happens then we will have a QB controversy

Stringer Bell

Ojulari out. What a surprise! Total waste of a roster spot.