News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Jones is out vs Bills

Started by Trench, October 13, 2023, 11:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

So two Oline and a backup QB. Who do they IR?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

True Blue

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 13, 2023, 12:35:58 PMSo two Oline and a backup QB. Who do they IR?

The fans so we don't have to suffer anymore  :surrender:  /sarcasm/

kingm56

Quote from: True Blue on October 13, 2023, 01:36:19 PMThe fans so we don't have to suffer anymore  :surrender:  /sarcasm/

Lol...money, Tim.   I'm trying to be positive about this terrible season; hopefully, it may result in drafting a player that ushers in a new era, like LT. 

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 13, 2023, 12:00:05 PMSadly, I don't think there will be a need for fans to call for seeing DeVito.   I am not optimistic, considering the sorry state of the injury-riddled line, that Tryod will make it through the game uninjured.
You read my mind. Additionally, IMO one of the reasons Taylor is not a starting QB is his penchant for putting himself in harms way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: True Blue on October 13, 2023, 12:04:23 PMBarkley playing?
If they want to trade him before the deadline, they won't put him at risk with this OL.

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

MightyGiants

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on October 13, 2023, 02:49:52 PMIf they want to trade him before the deadline, they won't put him at risk with this OL.

It's a catch-22.  If they don't play him and he's injured for all those games his value will be nearly non-existent.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 13, 2023, 02:51:07 PMIt's a catch-22.  If they don't play him and he's injured for all those games his value will be nearly non-existent.

I'm more in this camp. If Barkley is healthy he'll go, ESPECIALLY if they want to trade him. You need potential suitors to see him out there being able to make cuts and looking his normal self. If he is kept on ice he won't get as much interest or command as high a price. People need to see in-game action.

Trench

The more I think about it the more I believe Jones being out will be another metric in assessing his development as our franchise QB. If by chance Tyrod or Devito can move the offense, I look forward to the responses of a lot of people in the Jones or bust camp