News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - NCAA Football Week 7 Thread

Started by DaveBrown74, October 14, 2023, 12:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Caleb had 1 int going into this game vs 28 total tds through the first 5 games.. The guy has never had more than 5 ints in a season in 3 years of football.

This is easily the best class of qbs in a while, one Saturday doesn't change the body of work these guys have.

uconnjack8

I try not to look too much at one game, but it's hard to overlook a dropoff in performance with a step up in class. 

Jclayton92

Quote from: uconnjack8 on October 14, 2023, 09:33:50 PMI try not to look too much at one game, but it's hard to overlook a dropoff in performance with a step up in class. 
I agree completely but they still have Washington, Oregon etc still left so plenty of tape to Guage Williams and others on.

Jclayton92

Also Odunze the Washington WR is a legit number 1 Wr.

JT39

This has been a very disappointing day of football.

The Washington gsme was exciting but I thought it was poorly coached and the QBs weren't all that cracked up to be.

Pac 12 continues to be an utter joke.

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 14, 2023, 09:22:03 PMCaleb had 1 int going into this game vs 28 total tds through the first 5 games.. The guy has never had more than 5 ints in a season in 3 years of football.

This is easily the best class of qbs in a while, one Saturday doesn't change the body of work these guys have.

Williams is getting pressure and not looking as good.  Anyone who thinks he'll win behind an existing Giants OL are delusional.  Nobody will win.

Very impressed with Notre Dame team defense.  Playing really well.

DaveBrown74

Notre Dame D did a great job against a high powered offense. It's a shame ND couldn't pull that game out against OSU, as they really should have. The Louisville loss was on them as they were simply looking ahead to this game and didn't bring a max focus to that one. I think they're a very good team though that can play with just about anyone in the country. It's a shame their season is pretty much over already (as far as the playoffs go).

As for Williams, I'm still a big believer in his ability. He had a very poor game, but it may have been the best thing for him as he has done nothing but hear about how great he is for the past two years.

True Blue

It was just one game, will be interesting to see how he responds a week from now.

Still games left and plenty of tape on him. As long as he remains healthy I feel like his draft status at this point is solidified

True Blue

Quote from: Philosophers on October 14, 2023, 10:38:05 PMWilliams is getting pressure and not looking as good.  Anyone who thinks he'll win behind an existing Giants OL are delusional.  Nobody will win.

Very impressed with Notre Dame team defense.  Playing really well.

This would imply that next years OL is exactly the same. AT and JMS will be back and healthy, they will almost surely add to RG and some depth at minimum. Maybe even LG

A new OL coach may also be in order

DaveBrown74

Quote from: True Blue on October 15, 2023, 07:46:20 AMThis would imply that next years OL is exactly the same. AT and JMS will be back and healthy, they will almost surely add to RG and some depth at minimum. Maybe even LG

A new OL coach may also be in order

Agreed. No matter who the QB is next year the O line will look different come next September.

uconnjack8

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 14, 2023, 09:42:12 PMI agree completely but they still have Washington, Oregon etc still left so plenty of tape to Guage Williams and others on.

Really had no idea how different a class those teams are.  Pretty much every unit on ND was better than the group they were playing against.

Jclayton92

Quote from: uconnjack8 on October 15, 2023, 08:12:01 AMReally had no idea how different a class those teams are.  Pretty much every unit on ND was better than the group they were playing against.

Yeah without Caleb Williams USC is a 6-6/7-5 team easily