News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tom Coughlin to Brian Daboll

Started by Ed Vette, October 14, 2023, 09:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

Jaime

Giant Obsession

Quote from: Jaime on October 14, 2023, 11:45:14 PMMethinks not tough enough :no:

Let him go thru this hell of a season and next season      his"toughness" factor will either be revealed or it won"t.        
'            .       

Think Parcells 1983 versus Parcells 1984.  Hiring all these first time coaches makes it incumbent for an organization to allow them to EVOLVE into anything close to a finished product insofar as their coaching style.

This organization wants to keep hiring first time HC and then pull the plug and the rug out from under them.  I won't even mention such detriments as mediocre to below average drafts, subpar medical staffs, and the inability of ownership to have patience along with a lack of outside the box thinking and very thin skin to the criticism of fans and press.

Does anyone realize what a miracle it was that TC was not let go earlier in his Giant coaching career.

It is Year 2 of a massive rebuild where we are hamstrung not having our franchise QB (sorry folks, it ain't DJ) in place yet and our draft capital of the last 2 years is i.m.o. showing minimal additions to a very substandard roster thus far.

We got a ways to go.
Patience.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon