News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants are hopeful Barkley returns

Started by MightyGiants, October 15, 2023, 08:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

https://x.com/JordanRaanan/status/1713524206841864584?s=20

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
#Giants RB Saquon Barkley, out the past three weeks with a high-ankle sprain, is optimistic about being able to play today, per me and
@MikeGarafolo
. The team is giving him all the time he needs, and it's not 100%. But there is a real chance he returns today vs. the #Bills.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

andrew_nyGiants

So many games missed over his career here. I can't help feeling that If we had an average offensive line, how much more valuable and productive he would've been.

Which reminds me, we're going on 5 missed games for our All-Pro left tackle after what was initially reported as a mild hamstring?!

What's up with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

MightyGiants

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on October 15, 2023, 08:57:20 AMSo many games missed over his career here. I can't help feeling that If we had an average offensive line, how much more valuable and productive he would've been.

Which reminds me, we're going on 5 missed games for our All-Pro left tackle after what was initially reported as a mild hamstring?!

What's up with that?

Ronnie Barnes is what happened to Thomas.  As to where he is at

https://x.com/DDuggan21/status/1713522120657936865?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 15, 2023, 09:01:48 AMRonnie Barnes is what happened to Thomas.  As to where he is at

https://x.com/DDuggan21/status/1713522120657936865?s=20
Another in a long line of Mara's being too loyal to mediocrity.

We could've had Lombardi, we could've had Bellichick, we could've had Parcells back, if not for The Mara Loyalty clause.

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

EDjohnst1981

Without any practice this week, I'd be shocked if Barkley plays.

MightyGiants

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on October 15, 2023, 09:20:16 AMWithout any practice this week, I'd be shocked if Barkley plays.

Barkley has been listed as limited in practice the last few weeks
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 15, 2023, 09:23:04 AMBarkley has been listed as limited in practice the last few weeks

Apologies, I thought I read this morning that he hasn't practised.

Edit - I misread Duggan's tweet. He's not been a full participant in practice since the injury. My mistake.

MightyGiants

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on October 15, 2023, 09:28:49 AMApologies, I thought I read this morning that he hasn't practised.

Edit - I misread Duggan's tweet. He's not been a full participant in practice since the injury. My mistake.

No worries, unfortunately, I think we all find it challenging to keep track of all the injured Giants and their statuses
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on October 15, 2023, 09:07:10 AMWe could've had Lombardi, we could've had Bellichick, we could've had Parcells back, if not for The Mara Loyalty clause.

C'mon Andrew, if Chris Allen were still around, he'd slap you silly for tallking this nonsense.

You know very well that Lombardi left after the 1958 championship to start up in Green Bay in 1959. All the BS talk about him coming back to take over the Giants' job when Jim Lee Howell retired was just that (i.e. BS).

Belichick already had the Browns' head coaching job lined up before Super Bowl XXV which is why he left Tampa for Cleveland after the game. At that point, Parcells was still the head coach and gave no indication that he was hanging it up due to his heart condition.

Parcells part deux (1997), as you know, was rubber stamped by the old man but the issue was George Young who did not have a mobile phone so there was no way to contact him to tell him to not meet with Fassel and sign him on as head coach. So, your displaced aggression belongs on Young in this case, not Mara.

Somewhere, Mr. Allen is reminding us ... "And the beat goes on!"

Hope you're doing well, pal! Stay well!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: kartanoman on October 15, 2023, 12:35:40 PMC'mon Andrew, if Chris Allen were still around, he'd slap you silly for tallking this nonsense.

You know very well that Lombardi left after the 1958 championship to start up in Green Bay in 1959. All the BS talk about him coming back to take over the Giants' job when Jim Lee Howell retired was just that (i.e. BS).

Belichick already had the Browns' head coaching job lined up before Super Bowl XXV which is why he left Tampa for Cleveland after the game. At that point, Parcells was still the head coach and gave no indication that he was hanging it up due to his heart condition.

Parcells part deux (1997), as you know, was rubber stamped by the old man but the issue was George Young who did not have a mobile phone so there was no way to contact him to tell him to not meet with Fassel and sign him on as head coach. So, your displaced aggression belongs on Young in this case, not Mara.

Somewhere, Mr. Allen is reminding us ... "And the beat goes on!"

Hope you're doing well, pal! Stay well!

Peace!
Actually Lombardi let his feelings known on several occasions that he wanted to return as the Giants HC. But Mara refused out of loyalty to the current staff at the time.

As far as Bellichick, Mara remained loyal to GY who made it clear that BB would never be the Giants HC just before selecting the RB coach who will remain nameless to run the team.

Thank you, I hope all is well with you too.