News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Call Out Daboll

Started by Trench, October 15, 2023, 01:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench

Daboll is on record saying guys who make plays will play. We have seen Hyatt be electric. I realize he plays somewhat but no consistency and he certainly isn't being targeted at all.

Question is - Why hasn't the media pressed him hard on this question? And what is wrong with the guy not seeing what we have in Hyatt?

Ed Vette

Because the media wants to justify their assertion that he's a one trick pony.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Trench

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 15, 2023, 01:25:32 PMBecause the media wants to justify their assertion that he's a one trick pony.

Same media that told us we were gonna basically be the next coming of an offensive juggernaut

DaveBrown74

My guess is that Hyatt has done or said something in practice or behind the scenes to piss them off. He showed enough in the preseason, camp, and the Arizona game that he should be getting more looks. Something must have gone wrong behind the scenes.

Unless it was something really terrible, Daboll needs to get over it and give him a shot. Nobody else is doing anything.

Trench

If he hasn't done anything wrong what does that say about our Head Coach!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Trench on October 15, 2023, 01:47:31 PMIf he hasn't done anything wrong what does that say about our Head Coach!

Maybe they think Jones doesn't have enough time to throw a deep ball go route? Even if that's the case, why not try him on some slants and stuff like that?

Ed Vette

Quote from: Trench on October 15, 2023, 01:28:08 PMSame media that told us we were gonna basically be the next coming of an offensive juggernaut
The greatest show on turf 2
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 15, 2023, 01:38:06 PMMy guess is that Hyatt has done or said something in practice or behind the scenes to piss them off. He showed enough in the preseason, camp, and the Arizona game that he should be getting more looks. Something must have gone wrong behind the scenes.

Unless it was something really terrible, Daboll needs to get over it and give him a shot. Nobody else is doing anything.
I think it's the timing with Jones. He can play the whole game and it doesn't matter if Jones doesn't throw to him.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

BluesCruz

incredibly we keep drafting dynamic WRs and not using them or targeting them

Jones also has a terrible habit of throwing behind or not leading reievers- they often have to wait for the ball or reach back for the pass
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Trench

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 15, 2023, 02:03:28 PMI think it's the timing with Jones. He can play the whole game and it doesn't matter if Jones doesn't throw to him.

It could be timing yes but I also believe Jones doesn't see the field as well as he should at this point in time.

Giant Jim

Deep threat receiver and QB has less than 2 seconds to get rid of the ball.

Trench

Quote from: Giant Jim on October 15, 2023, 03:16:20 PMDeep threat receiver and QB has less than 2 seconds to get rid of the ball.

I'd agree with you if there weren't plenty of times where he had 4-5 seconds and didn't take the shot.

Just makes no sense that Daboll isn't even questioned strongly on it