News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- Frank Reich out as HC for the Panthers

Started by MightyGiants, November 27, 2023, 01:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: spiderblue43 on November 27, 2023, 11:19:26 PMDave,

Tepper is simply an awful example of bad ownership. However, I've always derided the Maras stewardship too. He isn't as obvious as Tepper but a lousy owner also (stadium included). :yes:

While Mara and Tepper may differ greatly as human beings, their common thread as owners appears to be that they both stubbornly believe they understand more about how to build and run a football team than they actually do, and as a result of that they choose to meddle more than they should.

President Rick

Dave - Reich as our OC....in a new York {Giants] and a Maryland [Terrapins] minute.   I was thinking the same thing at the top of this thread.  IMO Kafka may be the sacrificial lamb this year.  Jones is un-tradable.  Wink has kept us in several games.  OL or not, we are too predictable on offense.  I could see this.  As for Tepper, the dan snyder analogy may be correct.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

TDToomer

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 27, 2023, 07:38:19 PMAre there reports of Tepper treating people in an abusive manner? Big difference between firing people too quickly and openly abusing and harassing them, including in an allegedly "racially motivated" manner (according to one of the Bidwell accusers).

You don't consider an owner going on a profanity laced tired as a prelude to firing people abusive? I didn't make up the story. It's out there.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on November 28, 2023, 02:30:44 PMYou don't consider an owner going on a profanity laced tired as a prelude to firing people abusive? I didn't make up the story. It's out there.

Didn't know he did that. I missed that part.

Yes, I do consider that abusive (to answer your question).

files58

Quote from: President Rick on November 28, 2023, 08:58:33 AMDave - Reich as our OC....in a new York {Giants] and a Maryland [Terrapins] minute.   I was thinking the same thing at the top of this thread.  IMO Kafka may be the sacrificial lamb this year.  Jones is un-tradable.  Wink has kept us in several games.  OL or not, we are too predictable on offense.  I could see this.  As for Tepper, the dan snyder analogy may be correct.

My first thought when hearing of Reich's firing. Do he and Daboll share a similar offensive philosophy? It would be bringing in another outside Giant world voice who would express Jones ain't doing it. You just have to know that Schoen/Daboll have had that conversation with Mara. Schoen/Daboll should have their own guy running the team. I liked what I saw from McCarthy against OSU. Made some tough throws, and was willing to do so. He plays in the elements, that's important if you plan on Nov-Jan football around here.