News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NYT "Connections" Game

Started by DaveBrown74, October 20, 2023, 10:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

They are forcing me to watch a 5 second commercial to play every day.  I may drop the game as the quality of the game is often not worth the 5 seconds of my time.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 01, 2024, 08:43:48 AMThey are forcing me to watch a 5 second commercial to play every day.  I may drop the game as the quality of the game is often not worth the 5 seconds of my time.

That doesn't happen to me. I am a NYT subscriber. Not sure if you are, but if you're not, that is probably why.

Connections is easily my favorite game of any of the ones we've talked about on the Front Porch. However, it can be super annoying on some days, including totally legitimate answers being called "wrong."

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 01, 2024, 10:42:56 AMThat doesn't happen to me. I am a NYT subscriber. Not sure if you are, but if you're not, that is probably why.

Connections is easily my favorite game of any of the ones we've talked about on the Front Porch. However, it can be super annoying on some days, including totally legitimate answers being called "wrong."

For me, it would be a great game if I lost and then learned the answers, my reaction would be, "I can't believe I didn't think about that."   Instead of their connections being so silly (or in some cases factually incorrect) that my reaction is usually- "really?"
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE