News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Last minute Drake Maye rumors

Started by MightyGiants, April 25, 2024, 01:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
If the Giants can't get up to No. 3, it really feels like their draft hinges on their evaluation of JJ McCarthy.

• Do they like him enough to trade up to 4 or 5 to ensure they get him?

• Do they like him enough to take him if he's there at 6? This would be the most fascinating. Would Schoen really be willing to take the risk of getting leap-frogged at 4 or 5 if he believes McCarthy is worthy of 6? He traded up last year because he didn't want to miss out on a corner when picking 25th.

• Do they like a WR more at 6?

I wish I could provide a definitive answer to these questions, but McCarthy has been the wild card throughout this process.
1:16 PM · Apr 25, 2024
·
 Views

https://x.com/DDuggan21/status/1783545571963269174
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

The reports I read is that the Patriots are laughing at trade offers (like Gettleman with his #2 Barkley pick) and are dead set at taking a QB there.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Philosophers

When people get far enough upside down, they are most likely to take the greatest risk as their downside is minimal.

katkavage

I wouldn't give NE the world for Maye. They are teasing now. They will stick with Maye. My sights would be on JJ. Cardinals have 11 draft picks already. Not sure accumulating more this year is worth it to them if they lose Harrison. The Chargers are the wild card. The Giants have the higher pick to dangle.

squibber

I would be elated with Drake "Passage" Maye as long as the Giants don't trade up for him.

sooners56

Quote from: katkavage on April 25, 2024, 01:50:30 PMI wouldn't give NE the world for Maye. They are teasing now. They will stick with Maye. My sights would be on JJ. Cardinals have 11 draft picks already. Not sure accumulating more this year is worth it to them if they lose Harrison. The Chargers are the wild card. The Giants have the higher pick to dangle.

I think the Chargers would be willing to switch with the Giants,  assuming Harbaugh knows JJ wants to play in NY. Chargers would then get a bonafide stud at WR or their highest rated lineman.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

MightyGiants

If you go to the 4 minute mark, Mike Lombardi talks the latest of what he has heard about the Giants

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6G9kLw7VxAaVuZLld6NtEe?si=yD2qQyvOTeSfy3YdWMeQtQ
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quite frankly, these details have most likely been worked out.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

katkavage

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 25, 2024, 04:26:48 PMhttps://x.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1783587488625307847
Again, either NE trades with Minnesota or the Giants or stays put. If they trade with Minnesota, Minny takes Maye. The Giants should be able to counter either Denver or Las Vegas with the #6 pick with the Chargers to get JJ. Or...JJ will be there at six and both Arizona and the Chargers will get their top players, Harrison and Alt, respectively. I don't think they can get Maye. JJ yes and certainly Penix.

Philosophers

I read that the Cards dont want to trade back beyond 6 because they want one of the big WRs and especially Harrison or pick of Nabers/Odunze.

I think that affects Vikings trading up to 4.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 25, 2024, 04:31:41 PMQuite frankly, these details have most likely been worked out.
Exactly. Do you think the Giants going into their 100 year anniversary will make them more likely or less likely to make a move? Or be a non-factor?

DaveBrown74

I try not to pay too much heed to these "I'm hearing x team is trying to do this", but there sure is a lot of smoke with this one.

I know most Giants fans hate the idea of trading up to get a QB, but there is something to be said for "going and getting your guy" if our brass really feel passionately about him, which it sounds like they do if these reports are accurate.

Could it fail spectacularly? Sure. So can drafting the top rated left tackle 7th overall. So can any pick. That doesn't mean it's not worth trying if you have done your homework and you believe you're getting an elite talent.