News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants QB tryout

Started by MightyGiants, November 07, 2023, 12:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on November 07, 2023, 02:05:35 PMThey're looking for a PS player in case of another injury.
Ed: Did I miss something?  I can't determine who the backup QB will be for DeVito in the next game. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on November 07, 2023, 02:31:49 PMEd: Did I miss something?  I can't determine who the backup QB will be for DeVito in the next game. Bob
Matt Barkley.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

TDToomer

Why not bring in Colt McCoy???  ~X(
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

And there you have it. Rams sign Wentz. So much for nobody wanting him.

Woody

Rams just signed Wentz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Symphony Steve

Wentz would have been a disastrous fit with the Giants.  Not only is he an ass, but he sulked like a baby when he was benched.  He holds on to the ball WAY too long, which makes him totally dependent on his O-line and WR's, neither of which are Big Blue's strong suits. Not to mention, Giants' fans would have turned on him in short order.  Because he IS an ass.

The Rams have more weapons, so maybe he'll be of some use to them. But I doubt it.

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 07, 2023, 01:39:26 PMAgreed. I'm glad Mara isn't freaking out about wanting to save face with these meaningless games.

Yet. He's not wanting to save face, yet.

NY47GIANTS

The Giants will not sign a QB that could potentially make Dan Jones look even worse at football than Dan Jones does currently.

Our QB play must have you pining for the glory days of ... *checks notes* ... the 0 touchdowns, 140 passing yards/game & losing by double digits Dan Jones barnburner era.

Otherwise, ownership would effectively be admitting what a negligent idea it was to pay him $40 mil annually.

Admitting their mistake? Not this ownership group. No, sir.

NY47GIANTS

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 07, 2023, 12:28:34 PMI don't personally want the Giants to rattle off meaningless wins now as I really want the best possible QB prospect we can get, but it's weird to me that nobody in the league wants Carson Wentz. I totally get that he was a huge disappointment relative to expectations and has had some injury issues, but no way he's worse than some of these names drifting around like DeVito and Eason. I mean Wentz had an 80 rating last year and a 94 rating the year before, and he's 30. Weird that he's not at least a backup somewhere. His career numbers are better than both Jones' and Taylor's.

Is there some unmanageable personality flaw I don't know about? It just seems weird that this guy is not on a 53 anywhere.

For whatever it's worth, as I understand, Carson is very religious.

A polarizing characteristic in the most normal of times.

In 2023 ... maybe that's the deal breaker.

Full disclosure; I hope it isn't.

uconnjack8

Quote from: NY47GIANTS on November 07, 2023, 05:50:44 PMFor whatever it's worth, as I understand, Carson is very religious.

A polarizing characteristic in the most normal of times.

In 2023 ... maybe that's the deal breaker.

Full disclosure; I hope it isn't.

There are groups of players who say prayers together before and after every game.  Being religious is not polarizing at all.  It's more the norm in the NFL than the opposite.

There have been and are plenty of religious players on the NFL.    This has zero to do with Wentz's playing status.   

Woody

Jason Eason?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 07, 2023, 01:39:26 PMAgreed. I'm glad Mara isn't freaking out about wanting to save face with these meaningless games.

I guess I'm just surprised in general that Wentz is not on a 53 man roster anywhere (not just us).
At least not publicly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin