News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How many points would you need to be given to bet on NYG vs Dallas?

Started by MightyGiants, November 09, 2023, 08:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

To bet on the Giants on Sunday, how many points would you need to given?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 09, 2023, 11:05:52 AMI think I would need at least 28

Sounds like you should throw some action on Dallas giving up just the 16.5!

T200

The only thing that keeps this game closer than the spread is the Giants defense playing lights-out and forcing turnovers.

I missed the Jets game (thank God) but I will probably see close to the same offensive performance on Sunday.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

babywhales

I was thinking 35 at first and laughed to myself that probably isn't enough. Ill go  42

I would parlay the bet

38.5 over/under - Take the OVER

cowboys - 16.5 - Dallas

Dallas scores on first 3 drives

Seems realistic, I wonder what the return on that would be
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

andrew_nyGiants

None.

I'd rather have odds on a straight up bet.

If we're going down...let's go down!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

files58

50. The game in unbettable. They lost the opener at home by 40 with a full complement or close to it. Now on the road at 2-7 with a laundry list of injuries, AND Tommy effing DeVito at QB. Plus Dallas is now at home coming off a tough divisional loss. This gets ugly early.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: files58 on November 09, 2023, 12:44:26 PM50. The game in unbettable. They lost the opener at home by 40 with a full complement or close to it. Now on the road at 2-7 with a laundry list of injuries, AND Tommy effing DeVito at QB. Plus Dallas is now at home coming off a tough divisional loss. This gets ugly early.

If you would need to be getting 50 points to want to take the Giants, I'm curious, what would be the highest amount of points you'd be willing to lay to bet on Dallas? Surely it must be a number that is much higher than the actual line of 16.5 in this game, no?

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 09, 2023, 11:23:05 AMSounds like you should throw some action on Dallas giving up just the 16.5!

I am tempted... I really am.   The only thing holding me back is remembering the last time I thought there was a sure thing, it was taking the Eagles and giving 1.5 points in the Super Bowl  ;)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on November 09, 2023, 01:01:30 PMI am tempted... I really am.   The only thing holding me back is remembering the last time I thought there was a sure thing, it was taking the Eagles and giving 1.5 points in the Super Bowl  ;)

You also just never know when teams are going to lay an egg. I mean the Cowboys lost to Arizona. Convincingly too. I'm not saying that we'll cover (in fact I think we won't), but 16.5 is a lot in the NFL.

Ed Vette

No faith in The Italian Scallion?
Wait and see, he's gonna shock the world!  =))

Seriously though and I'm just kidding Tommy, the Oline should be better and with a balanced attack Tommy will take some shots to Hyatt. The Defense has to have a comeback game. Now get out there and X Shame Thibs.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin