News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - So much for Blake Martinez being retired

Started by DaveBrown74, November 21, 2023, 03:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dgoodmantrublu

His scam business went under, so now he needs the money.

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

GordonGekko80

He was actually quite good until he tore his ACL... After, he never found back to his previous level.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on November 22, 2023, 09:29:07 AMHe was actually quite good until he tore his ACL... After, he never found back to his previous level.

Agreed. Pro Bowl caliber type player (or close) before that.

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: TDToomer on November 22, 2023, 08:58:50 AMOh do tell....

Basically people paid him to open packs of Pokemon cards on a stream and the payor would keep valuable cards that happened to be in there (yes, this is a thing). Blake and his crew would basically screw the people by taking the most valuable cards out (out of sight of the stream) and giving them trash.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on November 22, 2023, 10:43:25 AMBasically people paid him to open packs of Pokemon cards on a stream and the payor would keep valuable cards that happened to be in there (yes, this is a thing). Blake and his crew would basically screw the people by taking the most valuable cards out (out of sight of the stream) and giving them trash.

I didn't follow the story closely. How did he not get in actual real trouble for fraud with that?

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on November 22, 2023, 10:46:29 AMI didn't follow the story closely. How did he not get in actual real trouble for fraud with that?

Damages for each individual too low? Plaintiffs are majority minors and don't know how to pursue any legal rights? Probably a number of factors. Easier to get away with ripping off 100 people for $100 than 1 person for $10,000.