News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants sign a Qb

Started by Jclayton92, May 07, 2024, 06:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Giants made a move securing Nathan Rourke after the patriots released him Monday.

Rourke was the CFL mvp in 2022 and spent the 2023 season on the Jaguars.

He threw for 3,349 yards 25 tds and 10 int in 2022 for the Canadian team. He's only 25 years old and played college football at Ohio.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/amp/giants_add_former_cfl_star_quarterback_to_roster/s1_15032_40336894

DaveBrown74

I'm not loving that news if I'm Tommy D.

MightyGiants

Art Stapleton
@art_stapleton
#NYGiants claimed and were awarded QB Nathan Rourke on waivers from the Patriots, per the league's transaction wire.

Rourke was waived by NE yesterday. He'll be a fourth QB on the 90-man roster with Daniel Jones, Drew Lock and Tommy DeVito. Can't see Jones doing much team work until late July.

Rourke participated in the 2021 rookie camp with NYG as a WR. He's a former CFL star. Was with Jags and Pats.

None of Giants' UDFA are officially signed until Thursday, so no roster move was needed.
6:51 PM · May 7, 2024
·
 Views
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

President Rick

that was quite a play by him.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 07, 2024, 08:05:39 PMCamp arm
I like his pocket presence significantly more than Devitos.

kingm56

This is a nothing burger; most camps carry 4 arms to ensure the skilled positions/olines get a enough work.