News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Big Hitter's Corner: UKGiantsfan on the State of the Giants, Part II/Defense

Started by bighitterdalama, February 24, 2019, 08:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bighitterdalama

Bob In PA

Part Two is another nice job, just like in Part One.  I particularly agreed with Ceri's point concerning the possibility of obtaining Anthony Barr and using him differently.

IMO, he has been a square peg in a round hole with the Vikings, and there's a good chance Bettcher can make him into a perennial Pro Bowler instead of an also-ran.

The problem with Ogletree, guys, despite his ability to generate turnovers, is that he often puts himself out of position while attempting to generate turnovers, which IMO does about as much damage as good.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: Bob In PA on February 24, 2019, 10:01:03 AM
The problem with Ogletree, guys, despite his ability to generate turnovers, is that he often puts himself out of position while attempting to generate turnovers, which IMO does about as much damage as good.

Bob

Certainly understand that viewpoint but our defense isn't good enough to bend but not break and sure as he'll isn't good enough to dominate. As such, right now I'll take a plethora of turnovers as an equaliser.

Bob In PA

Quote from: UKGiantsFan on February 24, 2019, 03:24:47 PM
Certainly understand that viewpoint but our defense isn't good enough to bend but not break and sure as he'll isn't good enough to dominate. As such, right now I'll take a plethora of turnovers as an equaliser.

Ceri: I admit it's a tough (and close) decision, especially while holding a 6-10 record.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

retrojint

"When the going gets tough, I shall return.....much later."

MightyGiants

Bonus in reference to Kareem Martin (who you guys panned).   He cost the team a comp pick because his signing canceled out the loss of Kennard
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Interceptions are often the product of luck or being in the right place at the right time. It
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

bighitterdalama

Hi all. This podcast has been up for about a month and is getting a little dated. I am moving it to the Chalk Talk board.