News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Exercising that blob atop my shoulders (Wordle)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 18, 2022, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I play Wordle for enjoyment not to be insulted!   :cuss:

:P :laugh:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Today's was very tough, I wasn't even sure it was a word but based on what I knew it was the only possibility

Edit to add:  After thinking about it, yeah it's a word, just not one that I really use or hear used (although I can think of a couple of times)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

I got it in two. Lenny would have also, knowing his first word I suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Count me among those who found today challenging. I got it in four, but I took an eternity to guess it.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 07, 2022, 08:53:17 AM
Count me among those who found today challenging. I got it in four, but I took an eternity to guess it.

Took me all six tries and I was sweating bullets. First time in a very long time it took me six tries  ~X(
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Bill Brown

Today's was a tough one. Took all 6 to finally get it.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Jolly Blue Giant

It was tough. I got it in 5, but only because I had 3 letters out of the gate and by the 5th try, I had so few letters left to work with, it was about the only word I could even come up with that was an actual word

DaveBrown74

Quote from: ps11yat14 on May 08, 2022, 05:53:34 AM
Today's was a tough one. Took all 6 to finally get it.

Bill

Same with me. Took me six despite having four greens after the fourth guess.

They're definitely trying to make some of these words trickier these days. Very different from a couple months ago.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 08, 2022, 08:37:09 AM
Same with me. Took me six despite having four greens after the fourth guess.

They're definitely trying to make some of these words trickier these days. Very different from a couple months ago.

I've never heard the word used even once in my lifetime. Although, put "un" in front and I've heard it used, but never without that prefix. When I put it in, I didn't believe it was really a word, but lo and behold...it was  :crazy:

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on May 08, 2022, 09:16:21 AM
I've never heard the word used even once in my lifetime. Although, put "un" in front and I've heard it used, but never without that prefix. When I put it in, I didn't believe it was really a word, but lo and behold...it was  :crazy:

I am pretty sure you can't have an "un" if what is being negated isn't also a word.  It's just funny how this is one of those words whose use has fallen into disfavor while the "un" version continues to be used.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Took me six too. There were three other words that fit the three letters I had.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 08, 2022, 09:48:58 AM
I am pretty sure you can't have an "un" if what is being negated isn't also a word.  It's just funny how this is one of those words whose use has fallen into disfavor while the "un" version continues to be used.
Using the un creates a word that isn
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Ed Vette

Took me six today after several wrong guesses and 3-4 letters.

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 09, 2022, 10:41:05 AM
Took me six today after several wrong guesses and 3-4 letters.

It's sort of funny, I had 3 letters correct on my first guess.   I studied it a bit and decided there were too many possible combinations left with the two remaining letters that I used my second establishing word.   That gave me the last 2 letters in position so guess number 3 was a slam dunk
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE