News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Exercising that blob atop my shoulders (Wordle)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 18, 2022, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Stupid word seldom used in its context.

Wordle 340 5/6

🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Agree that it was a stupid word. I really lucked out and got it in three. It was the first word that popped into my mind once I had the last two letters right. After I typed it in and hit enter I realized there's a bunch of other words that would have fit that were a lot more common and a lot more likely. So once again, stupid luck

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Bill Brown

Got it in 5. The first letter was very elusive. 3 attempts to get it.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

LennG

I had all the letters except the first one in three, so it was easy to get it in 4.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bill Brown

Got it in 4. Letters fell pretty good today.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Ed Vette

Wordle 341 3/6

🟨🟩
🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Wordle 341 5/6

🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I struggled with this one... caffeine didn't kick in lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

4 for me. Thought it wasn't too difficult today.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

MightyGiants

Got it in 3, interesting choice of words, I could see how they tried to stump us
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 27, 2022, 10:49:58 AM
Got it in 3, interesting choice of words, I could see how they tried to stump us

Same here. First choice I had two letters out of order. Second choice I got the first letter right and the other two that were initially out of order were still in yellow. But rearranging the two initial letters that were out of place, it just hit me so when I put in my third guess, they all flipped green. Feels good to get a tough word in three tries

MightyGiants

I can just imagine on the other side of this there is a person or persons watching the stats every day and trying to find words that create the most misses
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 27, 2022, 11:05:22 AM
I can just imagine on the other side of this there is a person or persons watching the stats every day and trying to find words that create the most misses

It might happen  ~X(

As for me, I figure anyone who raised a couple of daughters is really familiar with the word. If not for my daughters, I'd have been clueless. Hope that doesn't spoil it for someone who hasn't played yet today  :(

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on May 27, 2022, 11:27:48 AM
It might happen  ~X(

As for me, I figure anyone who raised a couple of daughters is really familiar with the word. If not for my daughters, I'd have been clueless. Hope that doesn't spoil it for someone who hasn't played yet today  :(

I don't think the word is all that obscure.  I think there are certain tactics they use to try and make it harder.   Using letters more than once is one tactic.  Having words start or end with uncommon letters is another.   Unusually letter pairings are another.  Words that contain uncommon letters are another.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE