News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Hyatt on DJ's work ethic

Started by MightyGiants, September 03, 2023, 05:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

First off I think Hyatt is just giving Jones a compliment.

Second there are still a ton of questions surrounding Jones, I don't know how anyone can act like there aren't. Yes he cut down on the mistakes and looked good in preseason, but lets have that translate to the regular season first before we decide that he's the only player we won't question as there are 100s of threads questioning every other player on this team.

Trench

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 04, 2023, 06:59:44 AMSounds like DJ sending him texts from the facility is coaching him up and as a rookie, maybe he shouldn't be leaving right after practice. Doesn't sound like he's gotten the message yet.

I hadn't thought of it that way but now I'm a bit annoyed at Hyatt. Take a hint. !

Dgoodmantrublu

I am truly amazed at this view. Hyatt is a hard worker by all accounts.

Slugsy-Narrows

Why are people TRYING SO HARD to make an issue where there seems to be none?

Do we need controversy THAT BAD in our team/lives or we are not happy???

When reports come out that Hyatt is not putting in the work then hit the panic button, don't created a problem just so there is a problem to bitch about.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 04, 2023, 04:52:35 PMFirst off I think Hyatt is just giving Jones a compliment.

Second there are still a ton of questions surrounding Jones, I don't know how anyone can act like there aren't. Yes he cut down on the mistakes and looked good in preseason, but lets have that translate to the regular season first before we decide that he's the only player we won't question as there are 100s of threads questioning every other player on this team.

Jess.

I am curious, what ate the "ton of questions" surrounding Jones?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

The activity on this Tweet is still ongoing.  Here are the latest stats

Reposts
 Quotes

Ed Vette

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on September 05, 2023, 08:43:16 AMWhy are people TRYING SO HARD to make an issue where there seems to be none?

Do we need controversy THAT BAD in our team or lives or we are not happy???

When reports come out that Hyatt is not putting in the work then hit the panic button, don't created a problem just so there is a problem to bitch about.
It's not a problem, it's Jones mentoring him. Talk about over reaction. It's my opinion based on this observation that he likes this kid and is showing him what it takes to succeed in this league in a benign manner. Whether he gets it or not, he definitely created an impression.

There's a culture of mentoring that Daboll has created. One of my favorite snapshots was Shep teaching Hyatt how to break press coverage.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 05, 2023, 08:51:51 AMThe activity on this Tweet is still ongoing.  Here are the latest stats

Reposts
 Quotes
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 05, 2023, 08:47:10 AMJess.

I am curious, what ate the "ton of questions" surrounding Jones?
Can he pass at volume, if we need him to win games with his arm can he? Has he gotten more comfortable in the pocket, is he better at his reads..  what do you mean? The guy threw for 3200 and 15tds how can there not be questions? Yes he looked better in camp but until we see those things consistently in live games they are significant issues. The last game he played was a disaster so let's hope he answers a lot of those questions Sunday night because there's no way you can answer them in the preseason.

DaveBrown74

I think it's fair to say that it remains an unanswered "question" to this point as to whether Jones can produce in the NFL to a degree that is commensurate with clear-cut top 10 starting QB status. We may believe he is capable, but using any reasonable measurement methodology, he has never done it to this point.

So I think it's reasonable to say that that is still a question that surrounds him, regardless of what one's prediction or future expectation may be.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 05, 2023, 10:31:52 AMCan he pass at volume, if we need him to win games with his arm can he? Has he gotten more comfortable in the pocket, is he better at his reads..  what do you mean? The guy threw for 3200 and 15tds how can there not be questions? Yes he looked better in camp but until we see those things consistently in live games they are significant issues. The last game he played was a disaster so let's hope he answers a lot of those questions Sunday night because there's no way you can answer them in the preseason.

Jess,

I think there are questions, but I am not seeing "TONS" of questions as you suggested.  I think at the start of last season, there were "tons" of questions.  There has been progress, and I don't think there are near as many questions as they were in the past.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 05, 2023, 10:57:55 AMJess,

I think there are questions, but I am not seeing "TONS" of questions as you suggested.  I think at the start of last season, there were "tons" of questions.  There has been progress, and I don't think there are near as many questions as they were in the past.
The only thing that has been answered is can he limit turnovers and manage a game. Every thing else is on the table, Tua threw for almost 300 yards more than Jones and there are still questions about him, Davis Mills threw for basically the same yardage and tds and he was replaced. So yes Jones did some good things limiting turnovers but there are still a ton of questions about him as a passer because he hasn't asked to be a high volume passer so we don't know what that looks like and how he does until we see it.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 05, 2023, 11:57:35 AMThe only thing that has been answered is can he limit turnovers and manage a game. Every thing else is on the table, Tua threw for almost 300 yards more than Jones and there are still questions about him, Davis Mills threw for basically the same yardage and tds and he was replaced. So yes Jones did some good things limiting turnovers but there are still a ton of questions about him as a passer because he hasn't asked to be a high volume passer so we don't know what that looks like and how he does until we see it.

Jess,

I have a hard time saying Jones can only "manage" a game.  We saw DJ put the team on his back and beat the Packers in London after Barkley got hurt.

We saw Jones beat the Packers in the wild-card game in a hostile dome, with Barkley only contributing 53 rushing yards.

There are a few more examples, but I think it shows my point Jones can win games for this team.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

todge

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 04, 2023, 04:52:35 PMFirst off I think Hyatt is just giving Jones a compliment.

So last year's regular season doesn't count?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trench

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 05, 2023, 10:57:55 AMJess,

I'd say "tons" was a figure of speech alluding to the fact we need to see some of what has been laid out "consistently" and over and over to make those of us who aren't quite there yet come on board fully - which would be the reason for "tons" comment.