News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Allergic to the end zone

Started by Messiah717, October 15, 2023, 11:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Messiah717

I've never seen anything like it.  They simply cannot score TDs.  Three golden opportunities and they found every possible ways to fail.  I'm sorry but there's no moral victories.  Teams like the Browns and Jets found a way to actually win. 

JT39

It happens when your skill players are below average.

TDToomer

At what point do we start blaming the receivers? The blocking shockingly was there. 2 different QBs have the same problem with receivers simply not getting open. I watch the Red Zone channel. We are the only team that doesn't have a receiver or 2 that gets wide open. Our guys are always covered like glue. We really got spoiled by the Toomer-Burress-Nicks-Cruz-OBJ era.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Trench

Waller was clearly held guys - otherwise we had a game winning TD

Giant Obsession

Quote from: Trench on October 15, 2023, 11:52:27 PMWaller was clearly held guys - otherwise we had a game winning TD

The refs gave us the call once.

We weren't getting it twice.

Getting that call again is reserved for the elite teams of the league, not the sad sacks.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

bamagiantfan

Quote from: Giant Obsession on October 16, 2023, 12:18:35 AMThe refs gave us the call once.

We weren't getting it twice.

Getting that call again is reserved for the elite teams of the league, not the sad sacks.

It doesn't change the truth though. With all the emphasis we put on winning I fear that a win last night would have us talking about all the wrong things. The Red Zone issues, why Kafka waited until now to start moving the pocket, the O-line going forward, and how to take advantage of this Defense should all be topics of discussion and a win or loss shouldn't change that.

I thought the Giants would be 2-4 at this point at the start of the season and several others talked about it on this board as well. If the dropped one, which they did, they would need to steal one somewhere else, which they almost did last night. I'm still trying to decide for myself if this is the team I thought they were at the start of the season or if it is one that actually should still be looking for its first win. The injuries have muddied the water, as they often do.

If we learned anything from yesterday watching the Browns, Jets, and Giants, it is that Defense can get even a team with a struggling offense in position to win games. With all the other things there are to complain about on Offense, let's not forget to applaud the play and effort on the other side of the ball and the Special Teams who cleaned things up and gave us nothing to talk about today. 
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

DaveBrown74

Quote from: bamagiantfan on October 16, 2023, 07:20:51 AMIt doesn't change the truth though. With all the emphasis we put on winning I fear that a win last night would have us talking about all the wrong things. The Red Zone issues, why Kafka waited until now to start moving the pocket, the O-line going forward, and how to take advantage of this Defense should all be topics of discussion and a win or loss shouldn't change that.

I thought the Giants would be 2-4 at this point at the start of the season and several others talked about it on this board as well. If the dropped one, which they did, they would need to steal one somewhere else, which they almost did last night. I'm still trying to decide for myself if this is the team I thought they were at the start of the season or if it is one that actually should still be looking for its first win. The injuries have muddied the water, as they often do.

If we learned anything from yesterday watching the Browns, Jets, and Giants, it is that Defense can get even a team with a struggling offense in position to win games. With all the other things there are to complain about on Offense, let's not forget to applaud the play and effort on the other side of the ball and the Special Teams who cleaned things up and gave us nothing to talk about today. 

That's a good point. Anything better than 2-4 would have frankly been a very nice result. We have played San Fran, Dallas, Miami, Buffalo, and Seattle already, all of whom are playoff teams and at least three of whom are bona fide Super Bowl contenders. We won the other game.

Now, if you look at the nature of the losses, and even the nature of the win, the picture gets a lot uglier, and that's a big part of the issue. But if we were 2-4 right now, which isn't far from reality, it would be hard to say they had grossly underachieved relative to expectations from a pure record point of view.

BTW this is not an attempt on my part to sugar coat anything. It's more just a statement that reflects the true expectations the broad NFL had of this team (7.5 win over/under) and what a realistic record would have been with a schedule that was heavily front-loaded from a strength of opponent standpoint.

Messiah717

The Giants are averaging just a tick under 12 points a game.  One total point than New England making them worst in the league.  This is a horrific offense and just a bad overall team.