News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Clean House

Started by Messiah717, October 29, 2023, 02:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Messiah717

I'm absolutely done.  I've already had it with this coach, GM and frankly the ownership of this franchise.  They're fielding a glorified practice squad out there.  Oh great another QB injury and what a shock Waller is injured again.  The only plan seems to be this franchise losing games. 

madbadger

Quote from: Messiah717 on October 29, 2023, 02:56:09 PMI'm absolutely done.  I've already had it with this coach, GM and frankly the ownership of this franchise.  They're fielding a glorified practice squad out there.  Oh great another QB injury and what a shock Waller is injured again.  The only plan seems to be this franchise losing games. 

I understand the frustration but they inherited an awful team in cap hell. This was never going to be a quick flip. The defense has been a pleasant surprise. Hopefully they can make some headway fixing the line and finding a real quarterback this offseason.

EDjohnst1981

I don't necessarily disagree entirely.

But when talking about the D, they held a dysfunctional Bills O to a few points, beat up on the Commanders and currently holding the Jets second string QB, depleted line to a near win. Despite Garrett Wilson doing what they want.

I'm pleased with the progress but they couldn't stand up to the good teams.

But it is better, yes.

Jclayton92

Year 2 of a full rebuild

Messiah717

It's like we've said though.  There's a step back from last year and there's this.  Practice squad football. 

expatriot

I give up. I really can't take it anymore. I'll check in after the season to discuss draft prospects.

Messiah717

Quote from: expatriot on October 29, 2023, 05:00:31 PMI give up. I really can't take it anymore. I'll check in after the season to discuss draft prospects.

I'm honestly done with the excuse making.  This is a decade plus of failure yet we keep not believing our eyes and hold out hope for nothing.  They had an outlier season or two but overall they have been a terrible franchise since 2013.

sooners56

Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Dgoodmantrublu

Defense has improved a ton from early in the year. What do you expect with this banged up OL and a third string QB who has no clue what he's doing. Give me a break.

Jclayton92

Quote from: sooners56 on October 29, 2023, 05:24:45 PMBut the Giants aren't improving
They are improving individually. Hard to improve with the oline injuries and a 2nd or 3rd string qb.

AYM

Quote from: expatriot on October 29, 2023, 05:00:31 PMI give up. I really can't take it anymore. I'll check in after the season to discuss draft prospects.

So we can draft another Evan Neal?

TDToomer

Quote from: AYM on October 29, 2023, 06:26:13 PMSo we can draft another Evan Neal?

And your plan is to not try drafting players?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Jclayton92

Quote from: AYM on October 29, 2023, 06:26:13 PMSo we can draft another Evan Neal?
Neal is getting better, Was Andrew Thomas great 1 year and a couple games in absolutely not.

Teams used to grade prospects after 3 years, now everyone wants to judge them after 1. Give him time to actually develop.

TDToomer

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 29, 2023, 07:22:15 PMNeal is getting better, Was Andrew Thomas great 1 year and a couple games in absolutely not.

Teams used to grade prospects after 3 years, now everyone wants to judge them after 1. Give him time to actually develop.

Yep. Look at the verbal diarrhea being thrown at Thibs.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

AYM

Quote from: TDToomer on October 29, 2023, 06:55:46 PMAnd your plan is to not try drafting players?

My point is not to worry about the draft so much when there is football - even sorry football - being played. This team needs to learn how to win games.