News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants vs Raiders game thread

Started by MightyGiants, November 05, 2023, 03:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDjohnst1981

The Jones deal has simply set this franchise back years.

The giants and a lot of fans, not all but a lot got drunk on a stripped back game plan, a favourable schedule and middling production. To that end, the Giants guaranteed 40mil a year to a guy that cant stay on the field and when he is on the field, he cannot consistently produce. They could have bridged a QB and built up in other areas of need (which is almost everywhere).

It's an awful deal, with an awful outcome. There's no other way to slice it.

Blue Since ‘62

Quote from: katkavage on November 05, 2023, 05:59:26 PMFly a plane around MetLife. The owner is the constant.

Unfortunately, George Young isn't walking through the door.

spiderblue43

Mara refused to trade Barkley and wanted Jones to succeed. Neither took place. Time to come to terms with reality..Most qbs dont work out on average. We're stuck with DJ next year but it's TIME to turn the page..now.

Either draft one in 24 or 25..and find the future qb.Jones is broken. Done.

Giant Jim

This team was totally unprepared for this game, the defense too. I don't know what happened from last year, but there were many coaching decisions I felt were poor in previous games I was willing to look past, but the play of the entire team so far is inexcusable. People want to get great draft position for a QB, how did the inept Raiders get this guy? Or is the D playing that bad?

Woody

Defense done as well total team collapse.    Didn't see it coming ...but nothing surprises me with the Giants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MagicRat

Quote from: Giant Jim on November 05, 2023, 06:07:40 PMThis team was totally unprepared for this game, the defense too. I don't know what happened from last year, but there were many coaching decisions I felt were poor in previous games I was willing to look past, but the play of the entire team so far is inexcusable. People want to get great draft position for a QB, hod did the inept Raiders get this guy? Or is the D playing that bad?
We've looked ill prepared all season, I've no clue what's gone on, OK we had a soft schedule and breaks injuries last season but we looked well coached and ready, this season......
Today is a new low.
A terrible team is just abusing us.
A terrible team with inexperienced coaches all over, taking us to school.
This is ugly
Smell my cheese you mother!

Messiah717

I really don't know where you go from here.  From top to bottom they need to be rebuilt.  Wake me in 2030 when maybe they will be competitive.

MagicRat

Quote from: Woody on November 05, 2023, 06:14:49 PMDefense done as well total team collapse.    Didn't see it coming ...but nothing surprises me with the Giants.

Has Williams being traded sent a message?
Or just left that big of a hole?

sooners56

Simple, if Jones hits those early throws to Barkley and Hyatt the game is completely different. Coaching/play calling can't change the fact Jones just missed the plays that presented themselves.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Ed Vette

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on November 05, 2023, 06:03:02 PMThe Jones deal has simply set this franchise back years.

The giants and a lot of fans, not all but a lot got drunk on a stripped back game plan, a favourable schedule and middling production. To that end, the Giants guaranteed 40mil a year to a guy that cant stay on the field and when he is on the field, he cannot consistently produce. They could have bridged a QB and built up in other areas of need (which is almost everywhere).

It's an awful deal, with an awful outcome. There's no other way to slice it.
Quarterback Hell. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

andrew_nyGiants

I'm not going to lie, I'm in a little bit of shock.

I never imagined the defense letting down like this.

I may be done fore the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

andrew_nyGiants

Is it me or is DeVito afraid to throw the ball?

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Woody

This guy being in game is embarrassing

DaveBrown74

Pierce making a nice initial bid to keep the job. Obviously he'll need to do more than beat on our sorry asses though.

MagicRat

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on November 05, 2023, 06:21:27 PMI'm not going to lie, I'm in a little bit of shock.

I never imagined the defense letting down like this.

I may be done fore the year.

Never be done.
Not for a season, barely for a week.
Odd weeks I'll switch to Redzone, odd weeks I'll go to bed, but this is for better or for worse long-term.
That's why this hurts so bad