News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Ben Mcadoo has a job!

Started by Fletch, February 06, 2024, 12:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

He is now an "Offensive assistant". He will be working with the OC. So he is not a HC; he is not an OC; but an assistant. Can we finally close the book on him being this savant "who would have drafted Mahomes" and knew Eli was cooked etc.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/patriots-hire-former-giants-head-coach-as-assistant/ar-BB1hS9yP?ocid=msedgntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=b401c6ce1cc34faca70f28acd55a6293&ei=11

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

shadowspinner0

People will trash it but after his first year as OC for the Giants, they went from 28th to 13th highest scoring offense, and then up to 6th highest the year after. He was a good OC, just a bad HC. I don't see the problem here.

Fletch

Quote from: shadowspinner0 on February 06, 2024, 01:10:07 PMPeople will trash it but after his first year as OC for the Giants, they went from 28th to 13th highest scoring offense, and then up to 6th highest the year after. He was a good OC, just a bad HC. I don't see the problem here.

So 30 other teams didn't know about that? So after all these years of him being either unemployed ; making a fool of himself in NC. Starting PJ Walker at QB etc. He lands a job as an OC's assistant. Yet some here will still sing his praises ... I bet it is because of the Eli thing. 5 years of horrible QB play and another season of a season over before Oct. I am still reading here "yep that McAdoo sure was smart for wanting Mahomes and benching Eli...."

So I expect Mcadoo to see a very large role in the up coming draft finding the next Pat Mahomes  =))

MightyGiants

Quote from: Fletch on February 06, 2024, 02:07:56 PMSo 30 other teams didn't know about that? So after all these years of him being either unemployed ; making a fool of himself in NC. Starting PJ Walker at QB etc. He lands a job as an OC's assistant. Yet some here will still sing his praises ... I bet it is because of the Eli thing. 5 years of horrible QB play and another season of a season over before Oct. I am still reading here "yep that McAdoo sure was smart for wanting Mahomes and benching Eli...."

So I expect Mcadoo to see a very large role in the up coming draft finding the next Pat Mahomes  =))

To the point in bold.  McAdoo will be a SENIOR assistant.  That is a title used for coaches who take on a mentor/advisor type role as opposed to just an assistant coach, which is usually the coach stuck doing all the lesser tasks like breaking down film and scouting upcoming opponents.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 06, 2024, 02:16:34 PMTo the point in bold.  McAdoo will be a SENIOR assistant.  That is a title used for coaches who take on a mentor/advisor type role as opposed to just an assistant coach, which is usually the coach stuck doing all the lesser tasks like breaking down film and scouting upcoming opponents.

Don't feed the trolls.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Fletch

I am not a troll because I think Ben Mcaddoo is goof ball. Nor do I deserve your contempt

BluesCruz

Quote from: Fletch on February 06, 2024, 12:40:47 PMHe is now an "Offensive assistant". He will be working with the OC. So he is not a HC; he is not an OC; but an assistant. Can we finally close the book on him being this savant "who would have drafted Mahomes" and knew Eli was cooked etc.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/patriots-hire-former-giants-head-coach-as-assistant/ar-BB1hS9yP?ocid=msedgntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=b401c6ce1cc34faca70f28acd55a6293&ei=11

Not really because he was definitely right on both counts and  totally exposed the owner as the "Supreme Meddler" that is keeping us down

If Ben got his way we would be playing KC this weekend

He also was aware Geno Smith was an excellent alternative to Eli
Look what Geno has done in Seattle

Ben took a HC job with a broken franchise and was not given the tools to fix it.  BUT he has been well paid for many years sitting in Florida....hard for me to get too worked up about that.

He is back in the swim lane....why hate on the guy?
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

BluesCruz

Quote from: BluesCruz on February 06, 2024, 02:48:26 PMNot really because he was definitely right on both counts and  totally exposed the owner as the "Supreme Meddler" that is keeping us down

If Ben got his way we would be playing KC this weekend

He also was aware Geno Smith was an excellent alternative to Eli
Look what Geno has done in Seattle

Ben took a HC job with a broken franchise and was not given the tools to fix it.  BUT he has been well paid for many years sitting in Florida....hard for me to get too worked up about that.  What was he getting 5 million Mara dollars per season for 4 or 5 years?

He is back in the swim lane....why hate on the guy?

Good move by the Patriots.   Ben is a QB guy and the Patriots are in line to get a good one in the draft.  Miracle if he can fix Jones

Fletch

If Ben was really a QB guy he would have crafted an offense like Gilbride's and not use the same personnel package like 90% of the time. The offense looked like they borrowed a local high school teams playbook because they airline lost theirs or something. He inherited a relatively young Eli, an opportunity which he squandered because he isn't really an NFL level coach. That is why Darnold and Baker went on to greener pastures.

Geno Smith was not a good player back then and never really was till 2 seasons ago. The expectation was that Drew Locke would start. He barely completed 50% of his passes as a Giant. Fumbled all the time when he was back-up on the Seahawks.

I guess no other front office's in the NFL knows that Mcaddoo was this great QB guy? Nobody knows that he was really good here huh? Giants fans seem to know it but, pro front office staff do not huh?

The point was to make Eli look bad and scapegoat for what a bad coach he was. You want to see what you have ? You start Davis Webb, and not someone who was already on his 2nd team that played (and rather poorly) on the Jets for years.

Yet I have read total BS about how great Benny with the hair would be if he had his way blah blah and I am supposed to believe this guy would have done with Mahomes, what Andy Reid did with him....yea ok

BluesCruz

Quote from: Fletch on February 06, 2024, 04:02:39 PMIf Ben was really a QB guy he would have crafted an offense like Gilbride's and not use the same personnel package like 90% of the time. The offense looked like they borrowed a local high school teams playbook because they airline lost theirs or something. He inherited a relatively young Eli, an opportunity which he squandered because he isn't really an NFL level coach. That is why Darnold and Baker went on to greener pastures.

Geno Smith was not a good player back then and never really was till 2 seasons ago. The expectation was that Drew Locke would start. He barely completed 50% of his passes as a Giant. Fumbled all the time when he was back-up on the Seahawks.

I guess no other front office's in the NFL knows that Mcaddoo was this great QB guy? Nobody knows that he was really good here huh? Giants fans seem to know it but, pro front office staff do not huh?

The point was to make Eli look bad and scapegoat for what a bad coach he was. You want to see what you have ? You start Davis Webb, and not someone who was already on his 2nd team that played (and rather poorly) on the Jets for years.

Yet I have read total BS about how great Benny with the hair would be if he had his way blah blah and I am supposed to believe this guy would have done with Mahomes, what Andy Reid did with him....yea ok

Much like how DeVito and Tyrod showed how truly awful Jones is, Eli was done at that point.  AS I recall Geno played pretty well for Ben.

McAdoo was not allowed to test his bench.   The hero worship of Old Eli and Erratic Barkley are weird.

We need a better QB and better RB to get back in gear.  Jones is done and Barkley is just ordinary.  We have made little progress since Ben left.

Other teams are more ruthless about discarding the ordinary for upgrades.
Here we have sentimental ownership and a fan base that impede progress

It all starts with Mara and trickles down to the field

Fletch

Quote from: BluesCruz on February 07, 2024, 08:44:49 AMMuch like how DeVito and Tyrod showed how truly awful Jones is, Eli was done at that point.  AS I recall Geno played pretty well for Ben.

McAdoo was not allowed to test his bench.  The hero worship of Old Eli and Erratic Barkley are weird.

We need a better QB and better RB to get back in gear.  Jones is done and Barkley is just ordinary.  We have made little progress since Ben left.

Other teams are more ruthless about discarding the ordinary for upgrades.
Here we have sentimental ownership and a fan base that impede progress

It all starts with Mara and trickles down to the field

You want to keep doubling down on this, I'll refrain from the back-and-forth so be my guest but, the facts do not back your opinion. Which is obvious no matter how many years go by; no matter how many facts get in the way; you will continue to believe what you believe.

I do note "hate" Mcadoo. I hate Giants fans who try to elevate him to prove some point that is so obviously false.

The facts are this QB savant left here and has accomplished a whole lot of nothing in the NFL in 7 years. He had some rather talented QB to work with in Baker Mayfield and Darnold in NC. Yet he choose to start PJ Walker. I t is clear he likes a QB that is run first because he cannot coach/ design a real passing attack.

Geno started one game here in 2017 did OK but, the Giants lost to a bad Raiders team just the same. And that was already his 5th year in the NFL. That following year in 2018 Eli Manning was top 10 in passing yards.

While I do agree about Daniel Jones and Mara up to a point -- I really don't think just getting rid of Bark for the sake of getting rid of him is that great an idea . I also don't think Geno smith showed up Eli. Did he win , did he do anything till he got to the Seahawks 7 years later north of 30 years old?

Woody

Quote from: shadowspinner0 on February 06, 2024, 01:10:07 PMPeople will trash it but after his first year as OC for the Giants, they went from 28th to 13th highest scoring offense, and then up to 6th highest the year after. He was a good OC, just a bad HC. I don't see the problem here.

I agree

BluesCruz

Quote from: Fletch on February 07, 2024, 11:12:14 AMYou want to keep doubling down on this, I'll refrain from the back-and-forth so be my guest but, the facts do not back your opinion. Which is obvious no matter how many years go by; no matter how many facts get in the way; you will continue to believe what you believe.

I do note "hate" Mcadoo. I hate Giants fans who try to elevate him to prove some point that is so obviously false.

The facts are this QB savant left here and has accomplished a whole lot of nothing in the NFL in 7 years. He had some rather talented QB to work with in Baker Mayfield and Darnold in NC. Yet he choose to start PJ Walker. I t is clear he likes a QB that is run first because he cannot coach/ design a real passing attack.

Geno started one game here in 2017 did OK but, the Giants lost to a bad Raiders team just the same. And that was already his 5th year in the NFL. That following year in 2018 Eli Manning was top 10 in passing yards.

While I do agree about Daniel Jones and Mara up to a point -- I really don't think just getting rid of Bark for the sake of getting rid of him is that great an idea . I also don't think Geno smith showed up Eli. Did he win , did he do anything till he got to the Seahawks 7 years later north of 30 years old?

Ill refrain from doubling down then I'll just say

11-5. LOL

JT39

The question is would Mahomes have the capability to start over Tommy Devito?