News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Strange Tweet by McKinney

Started by MightyGiants, February 16, 2024, 12:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

:-??

https://x.com/mckinney15__/status/1758538214787191279?s=20

Xavier McKinney
@mckinney15__
I want to be appreciated in every way for what I do and bring to the table . As a player and as a leader . I've stood by myself ten toes through the critics , the hate etc. sacrificing what those around me didn't want too or were afraid too for those same people to make it a better situation for all of us . May not always have been beneficial for me but it was for US . Don't let that go over your head . And I'd do it 10 times over again 🫡
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

madbadger

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 16, 2024, 12:12:40 PM:-??

https://x.com/mckinney15__/status/1758538214787191279?s=20

Xavier McKinney
@mckinney15__
I want to be appreciated in every way for what I do and bring to the table . As a player and as a leader . I've stood by myself ten toes through the critics , the hate etc. sacrificing what those around me didn't want too or were afraid too for those same people to make it a better situation for all of us . May not always have been beneficial for me but it was for US . Don't let that go over your head . And I'd do it 10 times over again 🫡

I hate when these guys dance around a subject. If you've got something to say be an adult and say it plainly.

Stringer Bell

Someone is going to pay him a lot of money. I just hope it's not the Giants. Not because of his performance or his off field antics (although I'm increasingly losing respect for him every time he opens his mouth), but because it's almost never smart to pay a safety big money. Especially for a team so far away from being competitive.

Jolly Blue Giant

Weird, I've never heard anything negative said about him from anyone, fans or talking heads  :-??
Certainly not hatred towards him. Must be he's heard from some unknown source that doesn't include Giants fans. Of course, we don't know how his coaches interact with him, but I've heard them shower him with praise.  I'm a bit confused :crazy:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on February 16, 2024, 12:47:59 PMWeird, I've never heard anything negative said about him from anyone, fans or talking heads  :-??
Certainly not hatred towards him. Must be he's heard from some unknown source that doesn't include Giants fans. Of course, we don't know how his coaches interact with him, but I've heard them shower him with praise.  I'm a bit confused :crazy:
He got plenty of xxxx for his off road incident injury and his giving up on a play but there's that slam against Wink that I think he's referring to.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

PSUBeirut

Someone didn't get the contract offer he was hoping for.   :ok:

Giant Obsession

Just sign somewhere else and STFU.

Period.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Trench

Done with this guy. Drama is unnecessary and will only increase

ozzie

I think I'm in the minority here, but I hope the Giants re-sign McKinney. A solid "Home grown" talent and a guy who played every defensive snap on one of the most injury riddled teams in the NFL. That's got to account for something.
I hope Schoen finds a way to keep him.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

MightyGiants

I am torn on McKinney.  I think he is clearly a talented player on the field, and I suspect he would only be more productive under our new DC.

On the other hand, as others mentioned, he is a bit of a drama queen, and his injury left a sour taste in my mouth.  Plus, I suspect he will end up being overpriced, and the Giants don't have a ton of cap room.

I guess as long as the Giants have a strong plan B, I say make a fair offer and let the chips fall where they may.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Stringer Bell

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 17, 2024, 09:52:06 AMI guess as long as the Giants have a strong plan B, I say make a fair offer and let the chips fall where they may.

Does he strike you as the type willing to accept "a fair offer"? Let him be an overpaid drama queen somewhere else.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EliWasrobbed

Schoen is a hard ball type of guy, so he's not getting what he wants. Given how awful the team played last year and the Wink stuff, he's probably just going to get paid AND start fresh somewhere else.

Lord if we lose him and Saquon for nothing...
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on February 18, 2024, 01:31:34 AMLord if we lose him and Saquon for nothing...

Then it will be a good thing, because bottom tier teams should never pay for-injured RBs or drama queen S big money.

kartanoman

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 17, 2024, 01:01:51 PMhttps://x.com/mckinney15__/status/1758871556686582266?s=20

Nice to see this but, out of consideration for this family, I'm crying foul in that I do not believe this is appropriate that they are now thrust into a difficult discussion here that has nothing to do with them. If I didn't know better, that post could be propaganda to further serve X's purported agenda; for the record, I do not believe that is the case here. There are kids in that picture who don't understand anything more than this is a Giants hero they are standing next to.

Rich @MightyGiants ... for your consideration, please.

Thank you.

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)