News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Strange Tweet by McKinney

Started by MightyGiants, February 16, 2024, 12:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Stringer Bell on February 18, 2024, 09:14:57 AMThen it will be a good thing, because bottom tier teams should never pay for-injured RBs or drama queen S big money.

the main focus should be on not spending on massive QB bust's for 20% of our cap space, but already did that smh
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on February 18, 2024, 03:38:13 PMthe main focus should be on not spending on massive QB bust's for 20% of our cap space, but already did that smh

2 or 3 wrongs don't make a right.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Stringer Bell on February 18, 2024, 07:12:49 PM2 or 3 wrongs don't make a right.

if we draft a franchise QB, Saquon is essential to keep

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on February 18, 2024, 08:00:34 PMif we draft a franchise QB, Saquon is essential to keep

You're on the record as not liking McCarthy, so which franchise QB do you expect to be available and the Giants to take at #6?

And if they trade up into the top 3, they will be trading a ransom of draft capital that is desperately needed to plug all the other holes in the starting lineup.

So no, there are no circumstances under which Saquon is desperately needed, because there are no circumstances under which this team is a RB away from being competitive.

And if you think Saquon is taking a discount to stay, you'd be mistaken. He's looking to get paid by someone, and I pray Schoen is smart enough to know when to move on.

Jclayton92

Great teams don't pay oft-injured rbs on 2nd deals. Not when a new 5th round pick leads the league in rushing every year.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Stringer Bell on February 19, 2024, 09:30:13 AMYou're on the record as not liking McCarthy, so which franchise QB do you expect to be available and the Giants to take at #6?

And if they trade up into the top 3, they will be trading a ransom of draft capital that is desperately needed to plug all the other holes in the starting lineup.

So no, there are no circumstances under which Saquon is desperately needed, because there are no circumstances under which this team is a RB away from being competitive.

And if you think Saquon is taking a discount to stay, you'd be mistaken. He's looking to get paid by someone, and I pray Schoen is smart enough to know when to move on.

If Pats want Marvin, we trade up to 4 and take who remains between Daniels and Drake.

If we can get a franchise QB, that saves us for 8+ years when next year's  QB class is WEAK. We do whatever it takes to trade up If opportunity presents itself INCLUDING keeping Saquon who can help our QB's development. No discount needed, Saquon wants to stay in NY

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Jclayton92

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on February 19, 2024, 03:34:30 PMIf Pats want Marvin, we trade up to 4 and take who remains between Daniels and Drake.

If we can get a franchise QB, that saves us for 8+ years when next year's  QB class is WEAK. We do whatever it takes to trade up If opportunity presents itself INCLUDING keeping Saquon who can help our QB's development. No discount needed, Saquon wants to stay in NY

But why pay 10 million for the 16th best rb when you can get that same production for $500,000 from a late round pick. Just isn't logical saquan hit the wall midyear 2022 and has been bad since.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Jclayton92 on February 19, 2024, 05:05:33 PMBut why pay 10 million for the 16th best rb when you can get that same production for $500,000 from a late round pick. Just isn't logical saquan hit the wall midyear 2022 and has been bad since.

"same production"? And you know this based off what?

If we take some late round 500K guy as our "starting RB" with DANIEL JONES we will have the worst offesnive in the 21st century of football.

what isn't logical is blaming saquon for "poor production" when practically every team schemed against him not Jones which is rare for most QBS other than CMC

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Jclayton92

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on February 19, 2024, 06:04:55 PM"same production"? And you know this based off what?

If we take some late round 500K guy as our "starting RB" with DANIEL JONES we will have the worst offesnive in the 21st century of football.

what isn't logical is blaming saquon for "poor production" when practically every team schemed against him not Jones which is rare for most QBS other than CMC
Kyrein Williams, Rachaad White in 2023
Of the 12 1,000 yard rushers this past season only 4 made top end money.

No great NFL team pays for a RB period. McCaffrey being the lone exception and the panthers took on most of his salary in the trade to the 49ers. Great teams just replace production, also look at most of the great teams, they don't need elite RB production, most teams with Elite rushing are bad teams.

It makes zero sense to pay for a RB in the middle of a rebuild, especially one that gets paid a million dollars for every 100 yards he runs. There are a hand full of backs every year that come out and produce for pennies, but sure let's continue the Giants being perenial losers by continuing to make the same dumb mistakes. Paying a bad quarterback and paying an oft injured RB a 2nd contract of 10+ million a year to not even get a 1,000 yards.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Jclayton92 on February 19, 2024, 08:11:49 PMKyrein Williams, Rachaad White in 2023
Of the 12 1,000 yard rushers this past season only 4 made top end money.

No great NFL team pays for a RB period. McCaffrey being the lone exceptio
n and the panthers took on most of his salary in the trade to the 49ers. Great teams just replace production, also look at most of the great teams, they don't need elite RB production, most teams with Elite rushing are bad teams.

It makes zero sense to pay for a RB in the middle of a rebuild, especially one that gets paid a million dollars for every 100 yards he runs. There are a hand full of backs every year that come out and produce for pennies, but sure let's continue the Giants being perenial losers by continuing to make the same dumb mistakes. Paying a bad quarterback and paying an oft injured RB a 2nd contract of 10+ million a year to not even get a 1,000 yards.

LOL. Ok then, "no great team pays for an RB.. except the team who most recently went to a SB and only lost because of Mahomes" Got it.

The biggest way to make the Giants perennial losers is to draft JJ McCarthy. But I digress, even if we signed JJ (or Drake or whoever) it would be ESSENTIAL they have a running game they can rely on. It makes 100% to keep Saquon ASSUMING they are drafting a franchise QB this off-season. If they are keeping Jones and a vet, then yes it's possibly if they ant to be the wort offensise in NFL history they dumb Saquon and get #1 pick next year

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Jclayton92

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on February 19, 2024, 09:31:06 PMLOL. Ok then, "no great team pays for an RB.. except the team who most recently went to a SB and only lost because of Mahomes" Got it.

The biggest way to make the Giants perennial losers is to draft JJ McCarthy. But I digress, even if we signed JJ (or Drake or whoever) it would be ESSENTIAL they have a running game they can rely on. It makes 100% to keep Saquon ASSUMING they are drafting a franchise QB this off-season. If they are keeping Jones and a vet, then yes it's possibly if they ant to be the wort offensise in NFL history they dumb Saquon and get #1 pick next year
Look at every team in the NFL that is great currently or even good, most aren't paying for a RB, it's foolish to do so when you get production elsewhere. The panthers paid a huge chunk of McCaffreys salary in the trade to the 49ers.

What does JJ Mccarthy have to do with safeties or Rbs? I think you've lost the plot.

Woody

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on February 16, 2024, 12:47:59 PMWeird, I've never heard anything negative said about him from anyone, fans or talking heads  :-??
Certainly not hatred towards him. Must be he's heard from some unknown source that doesn't include Giants fans. Of course, we don't know how his coaches interact with him, but I've heard them shower him with praise.  I'm a bit confused :crazy:
The four wheeler incident two years ago was not the act of a team player....and not to bright either....on middle of season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Jclayton92 on February 20, 2024, 08:39:33 AMLook at every team in the NFL that is great currently or even good, most aren't paying for a RB, it's foolish to do so when you get production elsewhere. The panthers paid a huge chunk of McCaffreys salary in the trade to the 49ers.

What does JJ Mccarthy have to do with safeties or Rbs? I think you've lost the plot.

THe 49ers are GREAT, who are they paying? I love how you just ignore the example staring riht in front of you.

I was referring to your previous argument in the JJ thread. Keeping Saquon is beneficial for all, drafting an awful QB is not.

Drake Maye enthusiast.