News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Jason Kelce Retires

Started by uconnjack8, March 04, 2024, 01:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jason-kelce-officially-announces-retirement-after-13-seasons-with-eagles/ar-BB1jjJ0m?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=8261a5d2fdfd4b2e85b6b9113e412aed&ei=25

One of the longest-tenured Philadelphia Eagles in franchise history has officially called it a career.

Jason Kelce, the former sixth-round pick out of Cincinnati in 2011, officially announced his retirement from the NFL after 13 seasons, all with the Eagles. The move officially comes months after several news organizations reported the long-time starting center told the team his intentions following their 32-9 Wild Card playoff loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Jan. 15.

In a public press conference, Kelce announced his decision in front of reporters, teammates, and family, but did not answer any questions following his remarks as he thanked the organization and city that has been his family's home for 13 years.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

I have to give the man is due, he's been an excellent center for a long time.  He was playing well even in his final season.

As a Giants fan, I celebrate the Eagles losing a key piece of their powerful O-line
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

files58

He had to. How else could he follow Taylor Swift when she is on tour. He's a Swiftee now, much like I was/am a Deadhead.

Ed Vette

A Great Player, Hall Of Fame bound, and I'm not sorry to see him retire.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

expatriot

MightyGiants

Not only are the Eagles losing their really good center, they are losing critical veteran leadership
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ViewFromSection129

I hate the Eagles, but really hard to not like him after seeing him with no shirt on partying during the one playoff game and enjoying time with fans.  Seems like a good guy.

I will be interested to see how effective the Brotherly Shove is going forward without him.  He was a big part of the success of that play, along with the massive quads of Hurts of course.

ozzie

Great player and a good guy even he was an Eagle.
I wish him well in retirement.
It will be interesting to see how this effects the success of their "Brotherly Shove".
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara