News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Barkley to the Iggles

Started by spiderblue43, March 11, 2024, 02:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

Quote from: killarich on March 11, 2024, 03:46:52 PMDidnt he have two 2,000 yard rushing seasons ?

Barkley could have been better but he wasn't

InTiki's 1st 5 seasons his highest rushing total was 1006 yards, with about 20 fumbles. 

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Trench on March 11, 2024, 03:09:43 PMI'm not happy for him at all. He was a Captain. Was never gonna have to worry about $ regardless after this contract. In NY if he did well he also had more endorsements coming. Show some class and give Giants a chance to make a better offer at least.

He is in our stadium I will boo. No ovations for the RB touched by the hand of God or whatever he was supposed to be.

"show some class" after the Giants didn't give him a fair deal AND instead gave it to the worst starting QB in the NFL?

You should show some class to Saquon.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 11, 2024, 03:21:34 PMInteresting and more damning for Schoen (who should have traded him last season if this was his intention)

https://x.com/The33rdTeamFB/status/1767269370034585924?s=20

Schoen may be a worse GM than Gettleman. At least Gettleman found and drafted actual talent, Schoen is doing everything wrong

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Drake Maye enthusiast.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Trench on March 11, 2024, 03:22:39 PMGood riddance. His talk was just that - talk. No loyalty. This is another reason why we don't need 10 Captains.
The title is watered down.

I predict whoever our RB will be is going to be close to what Saquon does for Philly. Hope he keeps running into the backs of his new Olinemen.

WHEN did the Giants show HIM any loyalty?

Drake Maye enthusiast.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: killarich on March 11, 2024, 03:24:23 PMYep a scumbag

You fake a** New Yorker..... Hope the Eagles continue to collapse like we saw at the end of the season even with the addition of you and Huff. Hope you age quickly now and fall into the RB short shelf life narrative and in the process tie money up on the Eagles cap space

DEAD to me
He's a "scumbag" after the Giants did not do ANYTHING to even offer him a deal and gave it to a backup QB instead??

Drake Maye enthusiast.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: killarich on March 11, 2024, 03:40:33 PMSame way I felt about Tiki , I kind of felt about Barkley (to a lesser extent). I remember Tiki being such a stand up dude. I remember him helping up the other teams players off the ground after running them over ALL THE TIME , and I remember thinking this has to be the nicest dude ever

Kind of feel the same way about Barkley.

I felt betrayed by Tiki and hated him after he just started randomly started running his mouth . At the point I was like wow this guy true colors are showing and he's a certified douche

Barkley accelerated my hate , as I hate the Eagles more than anyone including the Cowboys . For the sake of his Giants legacy I hope he does not begin to talk sh**. Yea they may not have given you the bag you wanted. (offer was close to it supposedly) But you made out like a bandit .. franchise tag for 1 year and still got the overpaid RB contract.

Barkley don't forget where you came from.... Giants made you the #2 overall draft pick in a draft ..when runningbacks that quite simply can produce decently or even at times better than you in mid rounds . So before you go out there and talk out your You azz ... remember that.... you blew that money on bitcoin not the giants

WIth that being said... you are an Eagle now... so **** you and I hope you suck and you tie up the Eagles in cap hell.... JERK
Tiki talked xxxx aboutthe Giants and quit on them. Sauqon WANTED to be in NY the entire time but was disrespected by Schoen with his measly offer.

Immature response.

Drake Maye enthusiast.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Trench on March 11, 2024, 03:43:05 PMFor the record:

Tiki was better than Saquon

Saquon never had help in NY. like Tiki did

he;s going to be amazing on the Eagles

Drake Maye enthusiast.

killarich

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 11, 2024, 04:02:59 PMWHEN did the Giants show HIM any loyalty?

They offered him a contract just 3 mil less last season ??!!

He could have taken a contract even slightly worse than what he was offered and add that up to the franchise tag season and he would have essentially gotten a 4 year contract more than what the Eagles offered.

Total nonsense that Giants showed him no loyalty

He lied about the "HOMETOWN" discount prior to the contract negotiations when he wanted to be a top 3 paid RB and demanded too much money

In the end Barkley made out for himself .... which is fine

But all the loyalty was to himself not the Giants

brownelvis54

It stings, but it's the right move for the New York Giants. We have other priorities right now.

Now.... What am I gonna do with my Barkley jersey?
The KING is in the building

EliWasrobbed

Good luck Saquon! I'm sorry our unintelligent GM couldn't give you $3 more mil last year and instead stuck us with our current situation.

I will root against the Eagles when we play them, but I will always support you Saquon. A class act and one of the most likable Giants we've ever had.

Even more pressure on Jones now

Drake Maye enthusiast.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: killarich on March 11, 2024, 04:06:21 PMThey offered him a contract just 3 mil less last season ??!!

He could have taken a contract even slightly worse than what he was offered and add that up to the franchise tag season and he would have essentially gotten a 4 year contract more than what the Eagles offered.

Total nonsense that Giants showed him no loyalty

He lied about the "HOMETOWN" discount prior to the contract negotiations when he wanted to be a top 3 paid RB and demanded too much money

In the end Barkley made out for himself .... which is fine

But all the loyalty was to himself not the Giants

the entire lokcer room wanted SAQUON not jones to be on their team, LOYALTY would be getting a deal done with Saquon AND GIVING HIM THE 3 MILLION

In retrospect he did make the right choice given how much money he made

HE SAID MULTIPLE TIMES how HE WANTED TO BE. A. GIANT, THE GIANTS DIDN'T EVEN OFFER HIM A CONTRACT THIS OFFSEASON!!!!!!!

the only liar is joe Schoen, quit buying his kool aid

Drake Maye enthusiast.

andrew_nyGiants

This team hasn't been/isn't ready for a talent like Barkley that's why they couldn't afford him.
Barry Sanders couldn't go to the Super Bowl with this team.

I'm not rooting for him to win in Philly, but I will forever respect what he battled through here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Giant Obsession

For me he was a non issue.

Glad he got his guaranteed money cuz he will be gone in 1 year.

Two games in the win column last season where all we needed was ONE yard.
AND he never saw the ball.

So either the HC is a buffoon.............

OR

Saquon no longer has it.

Personally I vote for both.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

ViewFromSection129

I'm surprised people are so pissed at Saquon.  I really don't care about this one way or another.  By the time the Giants are good again, Barkley would be at least 30.  So his timeline doesn't match the Giants.  I do agree with the post above about why didn't we trade him at the deadline last season then.  Schoen had to know that he was not likely to retain him this season, so why keep him in a bad year?

To another post above about Schoen, I do agree that the plan that he and Daboll have is coming into massive question. We lost the best offensive weapon we have and are left with a damaged QB that isn't worth half his contract.  Schoen better start executing a plan and fast.

uconnjack8

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 11, 2024, 04:05:26 PMSaquon never had help in NY. like Tiki did

he;s going to be amazing on the Eagles

Sadly I agree with this, which is why I wanted him to at least leave the division.