News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants to wear 1933 Uniforms?

Started by brownelvis54, April 23, 2024, 01:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on April 23, 2024, 04:44:54 PMLove it. They should go with those helmets exactly, no face guard.

How did the 1933 team do? If they did good let's wear those darn things all year.
=))
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

TDToomer

More like throw up jerseys than throw backs.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

spiderblue43

Quote from: LennG on April 23, 2024, 04:44:54 PMLove it. They should go with those helmets exactly, no face guard.

How did the 1933 team do? If they did good let's wear those darn things all year.

There's a visibility idea..remember the plastic faceguards? There's little chance of the Giants doing the multi-stripe helmet..I think.

spiderblue43

Lost to the Bears 23-21 in the championship,Lenn. Ouch.

Painter

Quote from: spiderblue43 on April 23, 2024, 01:48:46 PMLarry,

Were those the ones at the Polo Grounds days as a kid watchiing? Haha. Just win. Mel Hein  memories no?

I'm old but no more than the solid red jersey days, spider. That's when you could hardly tell who was who when they played the Chicago Cardinals. It wasn't until they started to televise some home games that they decided  that it might be a good idea if one of the teams wore something that looked more like white on b&w tv.

Cheers!

LennG

Quote from: spiderblue43 on April 23, 2024, 06:10:39 PMLost to the Bears 23-21 in the championship,Lenn. Ouch.

Hell, I'd settle for that this year. :yes:
Quote:goteam:  :goteam:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

spiderblue43

Quote from: Painter on April 23, 2024, 08:26:51 PMI'm old but no more than the solid red jersey days, spider. That's when you could hardly tell who was who when they played the Chicago Cardinals. It wasn't until they started to televise some home games that they decided  that it might be a good idea if one of the teams wore something that looked more like white on b&w tv.

Cheers!

I'm old too, Larry. I can remember the 1966 Giants. That was a harbinger for a generation. Best part were the simple road uniforms with striping.