News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Great discussion with Amani Toomer

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, May 02, 2024, 08:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

I've never listened to Amani Toomer in the past, but I found his take incredibly interesting. Really smart guy. Probably the best and most honest post draft review, but much, much more

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jolly Blue Giant

If you listen to nothing more than the last ten minutes or so, it's worth it. Toomer goes into a lot of detail about becoming a pro, what it takes physically and mentally...about not fearing about competition, but actually wanting it, etc. Amani tells it like it is (it's simply business) from a player's perspective and his unique point of view on DJ as well as running backs. He explains to players that you have to get better every year or you're gone, and don't fear being replaced, but embrace it and use it to push yourself further

A good example is Kayvon who spent the offseason getting bigger and stronger, as shown here in Spring workout...exactly as Toomer explains in his dialogue. He looks jacked and will look great across his new bookend Burns. They will push each other

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on May 02, 2024, 11:47:47 AMIf you listen to nothing more than the last ten minutes or so, it's worth it. Toomer goes into a lot of detail about becoming a pro, what it takes physically and mentally...about not fearing about competition, but actually wanting it, etc. Amani tells it like it is (it's simply business) from a player's perspective and his unique point of view on DJ as well as running backs. He explains to players that you have to get better every year or you're gone, and don't fear being replaced, but embrace it and use it to push yourself further

A good example is Kayvon who spent the offseason getting bigger and stronger, as shown here in Spring workout...exactly as Toomer explains in his dialogue. He looks jacked and will look great across his new bookend Burns. They will push each other

I got excited when Ojulari came to OTAs jacked.  Since then, a player coming in jacked is not something I immediately celebrate
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 02, 2024, 02:02:51 PMI got excited when Ojulari came to OTAs jacked.  Since then, a player coming in jacked is not something I immediately celebrate

Similar with Bellinger.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Uncle Mickey

Too much muscle in a violent and sudden change of direction sport is not always a good thing. Aaron Wellman coming back hopefully will help with this faulty philosophy.