News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

JJ McCarthy (could he be the Giants target in round one)?

Started by MightyGiants, February 02, 2024, 10:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 07, 2024, 06:45:47 PMThey've scouted Maye a ton.

Not sure why the Pats would trade down though. They're going to go into week one with Jacoby Brisett and Bailey Zappe?

Agree about Pats.  Seems like they trade back only if it's a couple of places and they can still get their QB they want.

I think Giants like JJ plus one other QB but I am not sure which.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

So what spot do the Vikings trade up to in order to ensure they get him?  4? 5? 6?  If they are really worried about another team taking him, I would think it has to be the 4 spot. 

AZGiantFan

Quote from: uconnjack8 on April 08, 2024, 02:16:15 PMSo what spot do the Vikings trade up to in order to ensure they get him?  4? 5? 6?  If they are really worried about another team taking him, I would think it has to be the 4 spot. 

If that's the deal I hope it is 6.  LOL
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 12, 2024, 08:26:52 PMhttps://x.com/bigblueunited/status/1778593587367669834?

Folks here who have made up their minds that McCarthy is going to be a really good NFL QB will claim that Tiki, a highly talented, knowledgeable, and accomplished former NFL star, has no clue what he's talking about and that they're right and he's wrong.

Folks who see it more his way will nod in agreement or "like" the post.

That's how it usually works in March/April.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 12, 2024, 10:05:14 PMFolks here who have made up their minds that McCarthy is going to be a really good NFL QB will claim that Tiki, a highly talented, knowledgeable, and accomplished former NFL star, has no clue what he's talking about and that they're right and he's wrong.

Of course. I posted the BB Banter piece to show the disparities of opinion. Theirs is much more objective. If you can decipher the caffeine powered 500 words a minute.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 12, 2024, 10:05:14 PMFolks here who have made up their minds that McCarthy is going to be a really good NFL QB will claim that Tiki, a highly talented, knowledgeable, and accomplished former NFL star, has no clue what he's talking about and that they're right and he's wrong.

Jeff,

I appreciate there are a few here guilty of shooting the messenger (or heaping massive praise on the messenger) because their opinion matches their own.  However, I think they are the exception, not the rule.  I think most here consider both the soundness of the argument and the qualifications of the person putting forth the argument when they consider what was said.

I was more than willing to listen to Tike because as a former HB and broadcaster is qualified to give his opinion.  That said, Tiki lost me when he claimed the scheme JJ worked in at Michigan doesn't translate to the NFL.  Michigan ran an NFL-style offense, and the things you saw JJ doing translated far better to the NFL than all the other top prospects (to some degree or other).
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 13, 2024, 06:54:20 AMJeff,

I appreciate there are a few here guilty of shooting the messenger (or heaping massive praise on the messenger) because their opinion matches their own.  However, I think they are the exception, not the rule.  I think most here consider both the soundness of the argument and the qualifications of the person putting forth the argument when they consider what was said.

I was more than willing to listen to Tike because as a former HB and broadcaster is qualified to give his opinion.  That said, Tiki lost me when he claimed the scheme JJ worked in at Michigan doesn't translate to the NFL.  Michigan ran an NFL-style offense, and the things you saw JJ doing translated far better to the NFL than all the other top prospects (to some degree or other).
Tiki and his co-host have moved on from any serious sports analysis or dialogue to trying to entertain with quips about what they had for lunch. Tiki's opinion carries  zero weight with me. But like all of us here, he could be right. That doesn't make his opinion an informed one.

Philosophers

When Tiki said Michigan is not an NFL style offense and is a one read passing game, I laughed and wondered if he ever actually watched a Michigan game. 

Ed Vette

Quote from: Philosophers on April 13, 2024, 08:27:16 AMWhen Tiki said Michigan is not an NFL style offense and is a one read passing game, I laughed and wondered if he ever actually watched a Michigan game. 
Actually, watching that highlight film the boys put up there were several one read passes. So he's not completely wrong. He did bird dog his receiver at times. I actually was watching the film and was disappointed seeing it. Again it was a highlight film and I don't know how many plays were repeated. I don't know if it's truly a concern. If you have some time, watch the BB Banter pod I put up. Let me know what you think.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 13, 2024, 10:17:18 AMActually, watching that highlight film the boys put up there were several one read passes. So he's not completely wrong. He did bird dog his receiver at times. I actually was watching the film and was disappointed seeing it. Again it was a highlight film and I don't know how many plays were repeated. I don't know if it's truly a concern. If you have some time, watch the BB Banter pod I put up. Let me know what you think.

Wd - it's a multi read offense but if the primary read is open he goes to him.  You cant look at a highlight film of any QB because most throws will likely to first WR.