News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

If we miss a shot at Trey Benson

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, April 22, 2024, 12:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Jaylen Wright would be a nice consolation prize. He's ranked pretty high, but I find next to no scuttlebutt on the internet about him - nothing, zilch, nada, nyet. He runs with violence and vision...and turned in a 4.38 at the combine, so he can scoot once free. I don't know about his hands, but he's got a little Walter Payton attitude in his running style. I would not be disappointed if he dressed in Blue and made Met Life his home. Don't get me wrong, I like Benson first and foremost, but so does every other team

https://www.golongtd.com/p/weapon-why-jaylen-wright-is-the-best?publication_id=222258&post_id=143844540&isFreemail=true&r=2r7nkc&triedRedirect=true
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Ric,

If the Giants follow the Bills model, top RB prospects will not be on their radar
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 22, 2024, 12:28:52 PMRic,

If the Giants follow the Bills model, top RB prospects will not be on their radar

Maybe so, but the Bills have had their yardage machine QB since 2018 whereas the Giants will no longer have Barkley's contribution potential.

Cheers!

londonblue

They might well think the FA pick up Dante Miller can be the third down/gadget guy.

Brightwell seems pigeon-holed as the ST/sometimes short yardage guy.

Gray did nothing well (run, block, catch) as a rookie but might yet emerge as a viable #2 guy in the rotation behind Motor.

My gut is they will think the big risk/need is a reliable option to be a higher workload RB2 who can carry the load as RB1 if Singletary gets hurt.

Somebody like Allen, Estime (Ceri's beloved choice!) or Isaiah Davis might fit that bill on day 3.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

DaveBrown74

While I do think the Giants need to draft a RB and will, I will have no issue with them waiting until day three to do so. In fact, I think this is probably the most sensible approach, all things considered.