News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

1986 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME Washington Redskins vs New York Giants 01-11-1987

Started by brownelvis54, April 22, 2024, 02:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building

LennG

I can still see all those papers swirling around and the glorious feeling we all had.
Believe me you had to live thru those 20 years of just bad football and then achieve this victory. The only thing better at that time was beating the Broncos and winning the SB.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DJN

That was a special time to be a Giant's fan...

Even our back up linebackers back then Headen and Hunt were better then our current starters..

We had a full back and two TE's who could actually block...

And the two best coaches !!

Gman329

Quote from: LennG on April 22, 2024, 03:06:14 PMI can still see all those papers swirling around and the glorious feeling we all had.
Believe me you had to live thru those 20 years of just bad football and then achieve this victory. The only thing better at that time was beating the Broncos and winning the SB.

Remember that like yesterday.  The paper swirling, people hugging.....that and 49-3 over the 9ers are my two favorite Giant Stadium memories.  The demolition of the Vikings is up there, too. 

TDToomer

"Sometimes you just don't want this to end" - John Madden while Jim Burt jumped into the stands to celebrate with the fans. This part might be cut off at the end. I remember this from our VHS recording.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

jimc

- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

spiderblue43

In 1986..you really saw Carl Banks become great..and he's an all-time Giant for me. Revisit that year. Awesome. Game should have been a rout..Lucky bounce..23-0 easy.

LennG

Still remember Parcels deferred on the coin toss before deferring was the thing to do. We took the wind and the rest is history.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss