News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dumpster Dan is closed down

Started by Dumpster Dan, December 15, 2023, 05:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster Dan

No Money--no sense in looking in the Dumpster

Too bad because there were and are some possibilities

Dan

BluesCruz

Not sure what this post means Dan.  How are you closed down?
Does not sound good
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

uconnjack8

It means the Giants have no money against the cap to sign anyone off the street. 

BluesCruz

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 16, 2023, 07:23:49 AMIt means the Giants have no many against the cap to sign anyone off the street. 

Oh right....Do we need anyone?  Seems we are pretty set for this run. knock knock on wood

Torus34

Hi, Dumpster Dan!

Right now, the New Jersey Giants fans have something to lift their spirits. The team's won three straight. There's a QB who seems to be improving rather than doing the retro cha-cha. The team itself is taking the field with a 'Can do!' attitude. And there's your OP, doom 'n gloomin' it.

C'mon, man. Smile. It may not last, but in sports, nothing's forever.

Go flag free, Big Blue!

BluesCruz

Quote from: Torus34 on December 16, 2023, 07:50:06 AMHi, Dumpster Dan!

Right now, the New Jersey Giants fans have something to lift their spirits. The team's won three straight. There's a QB who seems to be improving rather than doing the retro cha-cha. The team itself is taking the field with a 'Can do!' attitude. And there's your OP, doom 'n gloomin' it.

Go flag free, Big Blue!

Im not sure if you understand Dan's value proposition

He constantly scans available talent in and out of the league to fill holes in our team

He wasnt being negative, just that there is no coin in the piggy bank right now

kartanoman

I think we need to set up a Go Fund Me page for Dumpster Dan to fund a new dumpster for him. This is so much like the line between the figure skating coach and the dad in "The Cutting Edge."

Coach: I'm afraid we are at bottom of barrel.

Dad: Then you find another barrel.

C'mon Dan! If that doesn't inspire you over the holidays, watching a youthful Moira Kelly doing triple axles on the ice, acting like a pompous snobbish big "b" yet still adorable at the same time warm your  ❤️ faster than the 🔥 in your empty dumpster, then what can I say?

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Dumpster Dan

Quote from: Torus34 on December 16, 2023, 07:50:06 AMHi, Dumpster Dan!

Go flag free, Big Blue!

If there is ANYTHING that can turn me off quicker than being accused of doom and gloomin it, on BBH, I dont know what it is

I'll just let it go that you have no damn clue what I am taking about-  everyone deserves a second chance

Dan

Jolly Blue Giant

Sometimes a picture worth more than words

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Torus34

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on December 16, 2023, 09:22:57 AMIf there is ANYTHING that can turn me off quicker than being accused of doom and gloomin it, on BBH, I dont know what it is

I'll just let it go that you have no damn clue what I am taking about-  everyone deserves a second chance

Dan

Hi again, DD!

Many sorries if I mis-read you!

I'm just excited that we have something going on right now in back-up QB Thomas DeVito that lets me set aside concerns about the future and revel in the present.

Regards.

Go flag-free, Big Blue!

Painter

Whether or not, the impulsive among us see Chicken Cutlets now heading the menu, we may rest assured that Dan is not and never will be a Kool Aid drinker. And so, while it's not obvious what exactly he meant by "closed down" it wouldn't likely have referred to cap money as Our Heroes are, I believe, currently projected to be no worse than middle of the pack (15th/16th) and nowhere near in the red in 2024 cap money.

And that, of course, includes the $35.5 million guaranteed to Daniel Jones, next year. On the other hand, cutting DJ post-June 1st would result in a $47 million dead cap hit which then would leave them in deepest doo doo. And that my crabby friends is why, assuming he is fully recovered by next Spring, the Jones boy will begin camp as the Giants starting QB. Piss on it all you want, but that is the economic exigency which Schoen/Daboll must deal with first, and perhaps last.

As should come as no surprise to anyone here, I am not into predicting or WAGging in any form, so I will leave others to their fights of fancy, or otherwise faithless fates in regard to FA and the Draft, but whatever is to happen, it better include fixing that f**king Oline.

Cheers!

BluesCruz

Quote from: Painter on December 17, 2023, 11:17:55 AMWhether or not, the impulsive among us see Chicken Cutlets now heading the menu, we may rest assured that Dan is not and never will be a Kool Aid drinker. And so, while it's not obvious what exactly he meant by "closed down" it wouldn't likely have referred to cap money as Our Heroes are, I believe, currently projected to be no worse than middle of the pack (15th/16th) and nowhere near in the red in 2024 cap money.

And that, of course, includes the $35.5 million guaranteed to Daniel Jones, next year. On the other hand, cutting DJ post-June 1st would result in a $47 million dead cap hit which then would leave them in deepest doo doo. And that my crabby friends is why, assuming he is fully recovered by next Spring, the Jones boy will begin camp as the Giants starting QB. Piss on it all you want, but that is the economic exigency which Schoen/Daboll must deal with first, and perhaps last.

As should come as no surprise to anyone here, I am not into predicting or WAGging in any form, so I will leave others to their fights of fancy, or otherwise faithless fates in regard to FA and the Draft, but whatever is to happen, it better include fixing that f**king Oline.

Cheers!

I have no doubt there is some fool team out there who will eat or at least most of Jones salary.....we would py the balance in that event

Ed Vette

Quote from: BluesCruz on December 17, 2023, 11:41:26 AMI have no doubt there is some fool team out there who will eat or at least most of Jones salary.....we would py the balance in that event
I see DJ in Raider Black.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kartanoman

Quote from: Painter on December 17, 2023, 11:17:55 AMWhether or not, the impulsive among us see Chicken Cutlets now heading the menu, we may rest assured that Dan is not and never will be a Kool Aid drinker. And so, while it's not obvious what exactly he meant by "closed down" it wouldn't likely have referred to cap money as Our Heroes are, I believe, currently projected to be no worse than middle of the pack (15th/16th) and nowhere near in the red in 2024 cap money.

Cheers!

What Mr. Painter said in boldface above, I second that.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

TDToomer

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 17, 2023, 12:42:30 PMI see DJ in Raider Black.

How so? They seem all in good on Hutchenson who was drafted in the 2nd round this year.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs