News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Arch Manning dazzles in UT spring scrimmage

Started by DaveBrown74, April 21, 2024, 07:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on April 21, 2024, 03:22:01 PMGot to think Cooper felt some serious envy/slight jealousy of his brothers all his life and somehow Arch picked up on it.  Could be wrong but it is not a crazy notion.

Definitely not. I agree that that dynamic is totally possible.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Philosophers on April 21, 2024, 02:50:27 PMAgain you just have to think Arch feels a bit like he is carrying the burden of his immediate family and his dad versus Peyton and Eli. 
Depends on the man but it is a lot to heap on his shoulders.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 21, 2024, 03:32:33 PMDefinitely not. I agree that that dynamic is totally possible.
Their Dynamic is actually really different as a family. Archie is very much still in charge of the family as a whole. Going to Ole Miss and then being around the program as I have as a donor you see it and it's just a little off putting.

Everything is strictly financial with them, Archie, Olivia, Eli, his wife, Cooper, his wife, and Arch himself all grew up diehard ole miss fans/legacy but Kiffin refused to break the bank for Arch thinking there was a lot left to be desired as a prospect(Saban refused to as well) and without hesitation they picked Texas simply because of the paycheck.

Maybe it's just the NIL landscape that takes the university pride out of CFB.

kingm56

Quote from: Philosophers on April 21, 2024, 02:50:27 PMAgain you just have to think Arch feels a bit like he is carrying the burden of his immediate family and his dad versus Peyton and Eli. 

It has to be tremendous pressure, Joe.