News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

1st round NFC East picks (plus/negative)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, April 26, 2024, 11:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Washington Commanders: QB Jayden Daniels

New York Football Giants: WR Malik Nabers

Philadelphia Eagles: CB Quinyon Mitchell

Dallas Cowboys: OL Tyler Guyton

As far as the Commanders go, IMO, breaking in a new QB is a 2-3 year process and first year is usually ugly. They made the right decision, but I don't see the pick making them a feared opponent this coming year (neither positive nor negative)

New York Giants added the most firepower since OBJ (positive)

Filthy Eagles got a highly touted CB from small school Toledo. Will make rookie mistakes, but a good pickup for them (positive)

Jerruh's Cowturds got an OT (somewhere between the 5th to 7th ranked OT in the draft) that fills a need. But like the Commanders, their pick needs 2-3 years to become serviceable. Guyton will be picked on as the weak link in the line this year. Will be interesting to watch Burns school him this coming season (negative...would have been better off getting a FA tackle with NFL experience and drafting BPA...IMO)
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

jgrangers2

The Eagles being able to sit back and get, arguably, the best cornerback in the draft when that was their top need is an insane win for them. Thought at least 2-3 corners would have been off the board by that pick. The run on QBs and the Raiders taking Bowers kind of messed things up.

Bob In PA

Quote from: jgrangers2 on April 26, 2024, 11:23:16 AMThe Eagles being able to sit back and get, arguably, the best cornerback in the draft when that was their top need is an insane win for them. Thought at least 2-3 corners would have been off the board by that pick. The run on QBs and the Raiders taking Bowers kind of messed things up.
jg: This is what I like to see in the Giants' draft... you have a relatively low pick but you get whomever you see as the TOP player in the entire draft (at almost any position). It is possible (according to about half of the "experts") that the Giants did the same. Many had Nabers more highly rated than Harrison, Jr., usually due to the "explosiveness" category, which (I suppose) means if you can get the ball to him, Nabers is more likely to turn little or nothing into a big play. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Jolly Blue Giant

The hated Eagles obviously caught a big break and "once again", can step in dog poop and come out smelling like a bouquet of flowers...like Dolly Parton stepping out of her make-up room

But the Giants did really well, and I agree with Bob. Getting the BPA, at a huge place of need, is all any fan could ever ask for. Nabers is going to change the face of the Giants. Hopefully he adjusts to the big lights of NYC without getting caught up in it. He's electric and fun to watch, something we haven't had since OBJ made so many highlight plays. Our opponents are going to have to change their game plans when facing us thanks to this addition to the team

How well this draft goes, though, will still depend on the next two days, but we are off to a fantastic start

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

londonblue

Quote from: jgrangers2 on April 26, 2024, 11:23:16 AMThe Eagles being able to sit back and get, arguably, the best cornerback in the draft when that was their top need is an insane win for them. Thought at least 2-3 corners would have been off the board by that pick. The run on QBs and the Raiders taking Bowers kind of messed things up.

I mentioned on here a couple of days before the draft that the #1 CB in this draft would have rated at CB5 last year (from my family member at an AFC team) and last night tended to confirm that. Ultimately teams will take players because they need them in the latter part of R1 but the idea this was a strong CB class is more a media artefact than team reality. I was told teams see a fairly deep class for NCB and CB3 types but very few clear CB1s.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.