News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tailgaters Start Here, then Branch Out

Started by jimv, September 14, 2009, 11:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

Hi Tailgaters,
GREAT site!  Wet your whistle here then you can branch out when you're ready.  Any of you BBH vets, PLEASE join in!

bamagiantfan

By all means Tailgaters, please introduce yourselves and enjoy the communnity that you helped create. Stu, Jimv and others have already been by recently.

Welcome!
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

Joeker

Any way we can pin this at the top so the IF guys can easily find it?  Can anyone do that or just an admin?  Just trying to make it as easy as possible for folks to transition.
Long live the Tailgate Club!!!

Joeker

I was a little apprehensive about the Dallas game after Romo lit it up last week, but looking at the stats, Tampa Bay put up 450 yards of offense against the Dallas defense (174 yds rushing)!!!  Led by Byron Leftwich (when was the last game he started?) and Cadillac Williams (If a cadillac can pick up 97 yds, what can a Mack Truck do?), they came up short in my opinion because they gave up the "big play" several times.  TC won't stand for that, and I'm sure it will be a big part of their game plan.  I admit I did not see the game, so if anyone has input please post, but I believe our better pass rush will not allow Romo to sit back and hit as many big plays.  Webby should be able to shut down Williams (if you have him on your fantasy team , think twice about playing him).  Thomas should match up well with Crayton.  We get Dockery back and Boley is active and may play.  Question is who will be covering Witten?  Boley?  Blackburn?  Phillips? 

On offense, I think our RB's and WR's are superior to Tampa's and our QB is better by far.  I'm predicting Giants 31 - Cowboys 21.

LennG

As I have already done, welcome to all the Tailgaters. I know you guys will like this place a lot. We have been around for a bit over two years. We broke away from another site because what we really wanted was a place to talk Giants football with intelligent posters without all the crap that goes with most message board sites. All we ask is that you treat every other poster as you would want to be treated yourselves, with class and decorum. While our numbers are not as huge as many of the other Giants sites, we sure make up for it with just great Giants talk, observations and insight into the game. You will see no flamers here, but we invite any poster from other teams who want to talk football, over here.
As you get to know this site, you will quickly see we are more than just a message board, we are truly a small family. We have get togethers, many posters talk regularly off the boards, and most of all, we share things other than football. Like a family, we have our little spats, but we quickly make up and get back to business.
Jump right in, or take your time and watch from the sidelines. But I know you will find this place to your liking.

Oh, just a word or warning, watch out for the one they call 'The Weeze'. He is a northerner who deserted us, and now is an old time rebel. he does mix a mean 'alligator juice cocktail' if you know what I mean. If he bothers anyone, just mention 'Hurricane coming' and he will quiet down.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

chiller99

I'm happy to welcome the brethren from the Tailgaters and am sure you will enjoy the friendly and knowledgeable atmosphere in the huddle.I really enjoy this board as a sanctuary from some of the lower drivel you have to sort through to keep up on the team.Be sure to check out the porches as well.lot of fun issues brought up as well .

weeze

welcome all tailgaters
dont be misled by the senior citizen contigent led by the eldest of all of us , one LENN.
Just because most posters here reside nawth of the mason/dixon line, we southerners still give them plenty of room.
again , got a question/ comment? weve got folks around here that if they dont have the anserw, they will find it.
cept DRAKE, of course.
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

Kmed6000

You don't even notice that there was a small influx of new guys.  You guys all blend in perfectly to the group.  It's good to have the additions, welcome. 

The Chief

Quote from: Joeker on September 15, 2009, 09:00:15 PM
I was a little apprehensive about the Dallas game after Romo lit it up last week, but looking at the stats, Tampa Bay put up 450 yards of offense against the Dallas defense (174 yds rushing)!!!  Led by Byron Leftwich (when was the last game he started?) and Cadillac Williams (If a cadillac can pick up 97 yds, what can a Mack Truck do?), they came up short in my opinion because they gave up the "big play" several times.  TC won't stand for that, and I'm sure it will be a big part of their game plan.  I admit I did not see the game, <<<so if anyone has input please post>>> On offense, I think our RB's and WR's are superior to Tampa's and our QB is better by far.  I'm predicting Giants 31 - Cowboys 21.

I watched most of the game.  During the first half, the Bucs pretty much had their way with Dallas.  Piscatelli, normally a rock solid S, gave up two big plays.  Based on seeing him play many times, I think it was because of a new D scheme, not something we should have to worry about.

The only thing that worries me about the game is CC Brown on the nickel/dime packages.  He just plain scares me.  Zero cover ability and he's a liability in the open field.

Shoelessjoe

Welcome aboard tailgators.  It's good to have new input in the discussion.

jimv

weeze, I don't know if Lenn (who I like a lot) is older than I.  If he reads this, he can let me know.  Today is my 77th birthday.

bedl365

HAPPY BIRTHDAY jimv and many more!!! <:-P    You' ve got a few years on Lenn.   Being 77 years of age puts you in good company with Fladan who I believe is 70 years young and puts you in our "leather helmet" sect. Once again congrats!

terrymeisner

jimv....happy birthday from canada eh....hope you have a great day....go Giants!!!!!

ps....and a hearty welcome to all of our new members from the tailgate....you guys will fit right in here

Dumpster Dan

Hey jimv--happy birthday--you have come to the right place--this group will keep you young

and bedl365--slight correction--I am 78 years young--Im not willing to give up my title of "oldest fart" just yet--especially to a newcomer.  LOL

Hope you had a good one jimv

Lets compare notes some day

Fladan

Joeker

Happy birthday Jim!!!  Hope you can celebrate it with a big Giants win over the Cowboys this weekend!!

Have you seen any of the other guys show up yet (Jaime, State.....)?  I think several more submitted account requests.